Sounds like he waxed off.

Lugh, great name.

On the topic of getting young lads into martial arts, I was hiking there in Scotland with a pal whose young lad is about ages with mine (12). Said he got the young f'la into Taekwondo, proper Korean lad giving the lessons, the whole lot.

Anyway, after a few classes he noticed the boy getting more and more reluctant to go in, even though he was making progress. Turns out the 'Sendsai' or whatever you call the cunt had a length of wood with the word 'medicine' written on it. The young lad told him when they had to do the plank or push ups, if the arse went up in the air, even a few centimetres, yer man would grab the stickín, bound over to the offender and shout 'MEDIZINA'!!! and belt them full-force across the arse.

He no longer attends Taekwondo :)

How else do you teach discipline if not with a bata?

Haha, old school!  :laugh:

My daughter went to capoeira for 2 and a half years and about 2 months ago moved onto jiu jitsu. She loves it but is now like a spider monkey leaping off chairs trying ti catch me in flying arm bars or chokes.

I love how into it she is and I feel like the teacher is instilling a strong sense of discipline into her.
It seems that he says " except for your father, go fucking nuts on him"

:laugh:

The fuckin' vagaries of child raising!

It is great and I hope she sticks with it so when she is older she can look after herself.
It's funny seeing my young fella who is 3 years older looking at them as the class finishes up thinking " my time as top dog could end".

My 10 year old boy and 8 year old girl both do judo. She's by far the more aggro of the two. As a parent, I hope neither of them have occasion to use it, but it does give me a small degree of comfort. Some cocky little shit was giving the little lady a bit of a hard time in class a few months ago, and she threw him over her shoulder handy enough. He just about managed to suppress the tears, and she actually felt bad as a result, but I can't begin to explain the immense pride and satisfaction afterwards.

Quote from: John Kimble on August 11, 2024, 08:15:50 PMMy 10 year old boy and 8 year old girl both do judo. She's by far the more aggro of the two. As a parent, I hope neither of them have occasion to use it, but it does give me a small degree of comfort. Some cocky little shit was giving the little lady a bit of a hard time in class a few months ago, and she threw him over her shoulder handy enough. He just about managed to suppress the tears, and she actually felt bad as a result, but I can't begin to explain the immense pride and satisfaction afterwards.

Exactly. Knowing my daughter can potentially mind herself is worth the stealth attacks.

Comedians at the passport office in Merrion Square charging forty bar PER PAGE for academic apostille stamps.

Unbelievable urge to shout WHERES YOUR MASK YA ROBBIN BASTARD at the lad behind the glass.

#5937 August 12, 2024, 02:55:53 PM Last Edit: August 12, 2024, 08:36:49 PM by The Wretch
Bob Dylan.  And wankers who cover Bob Dylan songs, especially 'Blowin' In The Wind' or 'The Times They Are A-Changin'. 

Quote from: The Wretch on August 12, 2024, 02:55:53 PMBob Dylan.  And wankers who cover Bob Dylan songs, especially 'Blowin' In The Wind' or 'The Times They Are A-Changin'. 

I made this comment over five years ago.

Great minds and all that :laugh:

I'm right in this gang with Ducky and The Wretch, I'm way past my 'ending up in random flats and houses after the pub' days but I do remember the seething hatred for cunts coming out with acoustic guitars and goin all Dylan on everyone's arses . Utter Drip music.
Wearing jeans and leather, not crackerjack clothes