On the flipside to that, I've a fella reporting to me that can manage to get a week out of filing an expenses report. A job that should take 30 mins max. He spends most of his days drawing out pissy admin jobs to avoid doing any of the work he's meant to be at. We all have to do the admin shite too but this cunt must think it's his actual role.

Don't worry, as soon as they become Irish the Brits will claim them.

It's all for the clicks man $$$

Peeve: non-driving or vehicle-owning people who think that the only way to close your car door is by slamming it; applying the same monstrous force that you would use to seal the door of an overflowing junk room.

I gave a non driving friend of mine a lift to Gort yesterday, she slammed the door hard enough to knock me back to Loughrea.

This weather....wet, dry, wet, dry, wet, dry...fucking go one way or the other for the whole day so I can plan something to suit....

Being utterly fucked all day and jumping into bed only to be wide awake and unable to sleep.

Quote from: Eoin McLove on June 21, 2024, 01:12:19 PMBeing utterly fucked all day and jumping into bed only to be wide awake and unable to sleep.

That's just daily life though!

#5813 June 22, 2024, 04:27:43 PM Last Edit: June 24, 2024, 12:58:17 PM by The Heretic
So my new wood planer arrived yesterday and I opened it today to discover vital parts missing, so I can't do the work I had planned over the weekend until they reply to my emails on Monday then send the missing parts on,  I'm fucking raging...

Update:
So the UK company who manufacture  the machine say that Amazon sales have nothing to do with them and they say go through the product support on Amazon, which directs you to the website of the arm of the company who manufactures shower units, much fucking use that..

Amazon wanted me to return the item for a refund only, after they took out the cost of postage to pick it up out of the refund, fuck that..

Finally got through to someone on Amazon (a very helpful person actually), who said the best they can do is send a replacement from which I would take out the missing parts, then return it back to them, which makes me wonder if some poor fucker will get sent the same item  with the parts missing that I took out....

And I wont get the replacement for another month....cunts...

I'll be drafting an email to the manufacturer later today to spell the whole sorry saga out, they probably wont give a fuck, but I'll get to vent...

Quote from: Eoin McLove on June 21, 2024, 01:12:19 PMBeing utterly fucked all day and jumping into bed only to be wide awake and unable to sleep.

I was only thinking that lately after having a very tiring day but then trying to bring myself back right with a bit of speed but sure I should have just went asleep instead and I ended up having a good 5 hours staring at the ceiling trying hard not to move instead. And then I was fucked again all the next day at work. Actually yeah, self destruction is a bit of a peeve

My peeves are threefold:

1. Had bees or wasps trying to nest in my chimney flue yesterday. 22 degrees and I had to light a fire to shift them.

2. Also yesterday, I noticed the swallows' nest has been detroyed. Probably a case of overloading (parents & at least 3 or 4 fledged chicks), it had me worried for them overnight. They're around today and in and out of the shed, so hopefully they'll rebuild - it was an old nest anyway - I'll check in a bit.

3. When wiping a spillage on the cooker top I inadvertently switch on a hob. Which would be grand if not for the fact that I'd left something wrapped in plastic on it. Whole I was in a different room eating, it was burning away merrily. Thankfully it had only gone on on the lowest heat, or it'd be a different story. Have it soaking in a water/baking powder paste now, hopefully that'll loosen it.

I've accidentally set fire to my gaff twice with unlucky shit like that. First one was minimal but the second was the full 2 fire brigades experience.

And the guards as well lol they thought a fire in the attic could only be a grow going on

We had a fire here 20 years ago, dodgy wiring in the hot press. It was confined to that room, but the water from the fire hoses did the real damage. Steam lifted a lot of plaster, and obviously the whole gaff was smoke damaged. Cost 20 grand to put right in 2003, double that at least if it happened now.

I was living on Galway at the time but the rest of the family had to rent while they repaired/redecorated. Not possible these days so I'm doubly conscious of how lucky I was today.

That shit is being cuntish to get off, gonna take a while.

The fire brigade did far more damage to my gaff than the fire as it turned out but I couldn't be mad with em at all I mean they're pure lifesavers at the end of the day hats off every time

#5819 June 24, 2024, 10:00:34 PM Last Edit: June 25, 2024, 01:00:57 AM by Carnage
Aye. I know a few lads on the fire brigade here and the shit they've gone through is unreal. Not just putting out fires, but going to car crashes, opening houses where someone's died inside, suicides, pulling bodies out of the water etc. Gruesome, tough going.