Is it really? That's mad. It sounds wrong.

Some great tales back there lads. In stitches at the image of astfgyl off his tits sitting in the road beside some unfortunate young wan hanging out of a crashed car. Someone needs to script that!  :laugh:

Brexit totally fucking the availability of English ales here.

I quite like them.

Took too many Sudafed tablets and coffee and now I'm buzzing away. The peeve is that I'm stuck at my desk in work and can't horse on any hard house music to accompany the pseudoephedrine rush. Also there's people coming in with queries and I'm trying to stop myself from babbling shite at them.

Quote from: Yung Led Zeppelin on June 28, 2024, 12:27:53 PMBrexit totally fucking the availability of English ales here.

I quite like them.

Just flew into Brussels this morning. The queue for non-EU passports was chronic, the EU channel flew through.

A few very peeved looking Brits in the queue 😂

Speaking of which, it was revealed today via his arrest in Canada that Tommy Robinson travels on an Irish/EU rather than British passport  :laugh:

Quote from: stearl on June 28, 2024, 04:28:14 PM
Quote from: Yung Led Zeppelin on June 28, 2024, 12:27:53 PMBrexit totally fucking the availability of English ales here.

I quite like them.

Just flew into Brussels this morning. The queue for non-EU passports was chronic, the EU channel flew through.

A few very peeved looking Brits in the queue 😂

The staff were ripping the piss out of them once when I was coming into Schiphol, was pretty funny

:laugh:  :laugh:  :laugh:  brilliant!

And back to Tommy, I see he was travelling on yet another name. But yeah give out about fake passports and people with criminal records coming into your country  :laugh:

I ordered 35m sq of new wood flooring and underlay from a place last week, due to be delivered yesterday. I stayed in all day, no sign of it. I was out doing some work on the driveway in the evening when the next-door neighbour showed up, the one I've had strife with before, and told me that a delivery had been made to her house... while there were lads laying their new tarmac driveway.

Down here in rural Tipperary, driveways tend to be long bastards and houses well in from the road and spread far from each other. The dopey cunt reversed his truck in, while the lads were working and told him not to, went over a kerb they had just laid, sat around for ten minutes as yer one wasn't in so nobody answered the door, then just fucking left the pallet anyway and fucked off. Despite the eircode being clearly visible in the address, he still managed to land at the wrong fucking house, was told he was at the wrong house and, even then, despite my phone number being clearly visible on the delivery docket and the invoice, the cunt never called me. He just trollied the pallet off the lorry and fucked off.

I spent most of yesterday evening lugging the shit out of yer one's gaff about 50m, over the fence and out to the back of the car which, of course, I couldn't get any closer since they had fresh tarmac down. Was fucking wrecked so left the bit where I have to lug it all into my house until today. How could a cunt be so bad at their fucking job in this day and age, when google maps will guide you straight to the door and you can so easily call someone to ask for directions if that's too complicated? Especially when you're being told you're at the wrong address  >:(

Delivery drivers seem to be at that sort of thing a lot with small packages but that's a bit extreme tbf!

Not near as bad as that cunt, but there used to be one Hermes driver who pissed me off no end.  I'd get the "Your Package Has Been Delivered" email, get home from work, go looking for it, never find it, and then a day or two later they'd turn up with it or I'd find it sitting on the front porch.  Happened regularly and always the same person.  Once I didn't bother to go look for it when it wasn't sitting at the door and no note had been put through the letter box saying it was round the back.  A couple of days later I went to put the rubbish out and low and behold there is a soggy box sitting on top of the bin. 

Last year the wife had ordered something and the postman rang the doorbell to deliver it. She knew it was meant to be Fastway delivering so asked him how he ended up with it. Turns out the amazing Fastway driver couldn't be fucked to go as far as the house, despite the eircode being on the package, so he decided to leave it on the footpath in the local village outside the butchers. The butcher brought it in and when he saw the postman he asked him to drop it down when he was on his way.

#5848 June 30, 2024, 09:27:54 AM Last Edit: June 30, 2024, 09:30:01 AM by ochoill
Millions of stories like these from my last job and outside of it (was working with international freight and had some completely bizarre missed deliveries) but the all time best was with my aluminium guitar - a Tides custom about 14 months in the making.  Fastway had it for the last leg, it says it's out for delivery one day.  Grand.  I'm the last bungalow on the street (then there is one big house) so I often add that to delivery notes to help drivers a bit.  Guitar hasn't shown as delivered by about 5pm so I assume he couldn't find the house and will try again tomorrow, no hassle.  Knock on the door - it's the neighbours from the big house holding a guitar case.  "I think this is yours - we saw the driver just throw it over the wall into our yard earlier, he was gone when we went out to him".  Not even a box or label left on it, luckily a travel case, not a scratch on the guitar thank fuck - a six foot wall he lashed it over and drove off.  I can only assume he took it out of the box it was shipped in before loading it into the truck so I am lucky he even got the fuckin street right.

I'm not going to complain about my soggy box again  :laugh: