You can get pads for middle age leakage now. APPARENTLY!!!

Bought a foam cutter a few years ago, had my workplace as place of delivery as there would be nobody home. They ended up using my home address. No sign of it. According to the tracking DPD had delivered it, but when I got in contact with them, they just told me he had delivered it to the correct address. Got onto the seller, and chewed them out for using the wrong address, they sent out a replacement to my workplace, arrived no problems. Forgot about the original.
Then two weeks later, my uncle showed up, turns out the DPD guy had shoved the box into the hedge at his farm 1/4 of a mile away Never mind we're the only inhabited house in over half a mile on the lane, nope, he sticks it into a hedge in front of the boarded up house with a few sheds. Contents destroyed.

Hermes are the worst though. Once got a package sent to our shop in the North, to avoid An Post customs bullshit, they delivered it "to your neighbour" and emailed a photo with the package sitting on the ground as proof of delivery, ended up having to go through Google Earth trying to check the paving slab patterns and cracks in the wall to establish which house got it. Another time Hermes dropped a package into a house across the road "because their car park's full" on the last day before Christmas, had to wait til the new year.

Quote from: astfgyl on June 29, 2024, 12:30:21 PMDelivery drivers seem to be at that sort of thing a lot with small packages but that's a bit extreme tbf!

General rule is:If the delivery driver is wearing a GAA/Premiership jersey and airmax, he's going to make a balls of the delivery.

Quote from: Bürggermeister on June 29, 2024, 05:21:50 AMI ordered 35m sq of new wood flooring and underlay from a place last week, due to be delivered yesterday. I stayed in all day, no sign of it. I was out doing some work on the driveway in the evening when the next-door neighbour showed up, the one I've had strife with before, and told me that a delivery had been made to her house... while there were lads laying their new tarmac driveway.

Down here in rural Tipperary, driveways tend to be long bastards and houses well in from the road and spread far from each other. The dopey cunt reversed his truck in, while the lads were working and told him not to, went over a kerb they had just laid, sat around for ten minutes as yer one wasn't in so nobody answered the door, then just fucking left the pallet anyway and fucked off. Despite the eircode being clearly visible in the address, he still managed to land at the wrong fucking house, was told he was at the wrong house and, even then, despite my phone number being clearly visible on the delivery docket and the invoice, the cunt never called me. He just trollied the pallet off the lorry and fucked off.

I spent most of yesterday evening lugging the shit out of yer one's gaff about 50m, over the fence and out to the back of the car which, of course, I couldn't get any closer since they had fresh tarmac down. Was fucking wrecked so left the bit where I have to lug it all into my house until today. How could a cunt be so bad at their fucking job in this day and age, when google maps will guide you straight to the door and you can so easily call someone to ask for directions if that's too complicated? Especially when you're being told you're at the wrong address  >:(

Maybe the only place he was able to parquet  :laugh:

That one took a while  :laugh:

Quote from: Sworntothecans on June 30, 2024, 05:33:31 PM
Quote from: astfgyl on June 29, 2024, 12:30:21 PMDelivery drivers seem to be at that sort of thing a lot with small packages but that's a bit extreme tbf!

General rule is:If the delivery driver is wearing a GAA/Premiership jersey and airmax, he's going to make a balls of the delivery.

Now that you mention it that's most of them!

Quote from: Bürggermeister on June 30, 2024, 07:22:24 PMThat one took a while  :laugh:

Sorry about that. I figured if anything would help in a situation like that then it would be a pun.

Quote from: astfgyl on June 30, 2024, 07:40:15 PM
Quote from: Sworntothecans on June 30, 2024, 05:33:31 PM

Now that you mention it that's most of them!

They never last either. Wife and neighbours managed to get one binned as he'd only leave packages in the local shop, who hated taking them in but he'd lie and say that the customers asked him to deliver there. 

Quote from: Carnage on July 05, 2024, 07:55:34 PMThe bog. Ow.

I saw a picture on Facebook of some heretic drinking beer in the bog.

Quote from: 91/30 on July 05, 2024, 08:08:13 PM
Quote from: Carnage on July 05, 2024, 07:55:34 PMThe bog. Ow.

I saw a picture on Facebook of some heretic drinking beer in the bog.

You can either drink your flask of Tae or a 3 litre of Country Spring Red Lemonade.

Those are the rules.

No beer. No water.

Turf mould in the tae, not optional.

Trying to paint the gaff but it fucking rains every day

Quote from: Carnage on July 05, 2024, 08:40:09 PMTurf mould in the tae, not optional.

:laugh: absolutely man

There is no finer meal than tae and sangwidges in the bog.