misplaced a bolt off a yolke a few days ago, wasted probably an hour looking for it and another hour rooting through the old bolt collection to find a replacement.
Stuck my hand in my pocket today and whats that I feel? the fupping bolt. sickened.

That's nothing. I ran around the gaff for twenty minutes the other day looking for a comb before remembering I'm bald as a coot.

Quote from: son of the Morrigan on May 23, 2024, 12:17:01 PMmisplaced a bolt off a yolke a few days ago, wasted probably an hour looking for it and another hour rooting through the old bolt collection to find a replacement.
Stuck my hand in my pocket today and whats that I feel? the fupping bolt. sickened.

You know what fucks me right off, when you drop a small bolt or a screw and you never find it where you think it fell, it's almost always a few feet elsewhere under something, that does my head in...

Got a WhatsApp this morning;

"My young fella is needs work for the summer. Going college September. Would you get him a start in your place. June 17th on. Paid. Need to know quick."

That is the message verbatim - errors and all.

No howyeh, no nothing. Last contact that I had with this lad is from August 2023 when I was asked if I'd know anyone who'd do a carpentry foxer for a favour i.e Will you ask your brother to fit my new kitchen for free? (Which I didn't do.)

The thing is - he has two young fellas, Irish twins (only about 11 months between them) and both of them are as thick as a jizz milkshake.

I'm not going to bother my hole replying. I'm sure the boys will be inundated with lucrative offers.

Quote from: The Heretic on May 23, 2024, 01:18:20 PMYou know what fucks me right off, when you drop a small bolt or a screw and you never find it where you think it fell, it's almost always a few feet elsewhere under something, that does my head in...

There's an old school trick for finding a dropped screw.

Take off your shoes and socks. Walk across the work area and within 15 seconds you'll find it - lodged in your foot.

Heard that works with Lego and drawing pins as well!

Any idea what works for guitar picks?  ???

Quote from: The Heretic on May 23, 2024, 01:18:20 PM
Quote from: son of the Morrigan on May 23, 2024, 12:17:01 PMmisplaced a bolt off a yolke a few days ago, wasted probably an hour looking for it and another hour rooting through the old bolt collection to find a replacement.

You know what fucks me right off, when you drop a small bolt or a screw and you never find it where you think it fell, it's almost always a few feet elsewhere under something, that does my head in...

Its mind bendingly annoying.
I dropped a tiny little prickeen of a screw one time, spent an age on my hands and knees with a torch looking for it, couldn't find it, taking off my boots that evening I found the little bollox wedged between the laces of my boot. The language was choice.

That happens me with blims of hash all the time and they turn up in places that should be impossible.

Yep, same happens when building a model. Small, crucial part pings off to places unseen, never to be found again.

Quote from: astfgyl on May 23, 2024, 10:18:17 PMThat happens me with blims of hash all the time and they turn up in places that should be impossible.

But "suprise hash" when you're stuck!

Quote from: Sworntothecans on May 24, 2024, 08:11:37 AM
Quote from: astfgyl on May 23, 2024, 10:18:17 PMThat happens me with blims of hash all the time and they turn up in places that should be impossible.

But "suprise hash" when you're stuck!

Aye we're into the simple pleasure stuff now I do truly adore the oul surprise blims

Looks like my job is getting out-sourced to where the labour is cheaper. That's the way the world is, I suppose. The peeve is that I've been away so my month's notice will only start on Monday, when they notify me officially, whereas the rest of the lads were told on Thursday, so I'll have a few days of hanging around by myself at the end, like a fucken lonely ghost 😂

Quote from: Bürggermeister on May 25, 2024, 06:27:03 AMLooks like my job is getting out-sourced to where the labour is cheaper. That's the way the world is, I suppose. The peeve is that I've been away so my month's notice will only start on Monday, when they notify me officially, whereas the rest of the lads were told on Thursday, so I'll have a few days of hanging around by myself at the end, like a fucken lonely ghost 😂

Hard luck there man, hope you get something handy enough. The haunting the place is like the icing on a fair shit cake