They really do hate lemons tbf

Quote from: Wilbur Whateley on May 31, 2024, 11:24:47 AM
Quote from: Carnage on May 30, 2024, 03:26:51 PMAnother dog brought to the vet today, gutted. He was 14½ and his health had taken a downward turn so it was time, but fucking hell it was tough.

Sorry for your loss. It's fucking soul-destroying having to say goodbye.

I've no dogs myself, but have had loads of cats over the years, a mix of stray and indoor - we're soft gobshites who feed anything that comes to the door.

We've had to put down 2 in the last few years. Not ashamed to admit that I spent a few days in bed drinking myself silly and weeping like a widow after putting our only male cat to sleep.

Cheers lad. A few sniffly pints were had last night alright.

Sucks man, sorry to hear that.

#5748 June 01, 2024, 06:23:30 PM Last Edit: June 01, 2024, 07:59:07 PM by Carnage
Cheers lad.

Took my shorts off the line earlier, the bloody crotch has frayed through so had to bin them. Great timing. I have another pair that are about 2 sizes too big for me so I'll be going nu-metally for the next few days.

Quote from: Carnage on June 01, 2024, 06:23:30 PMCheers lad.

Took my shirts off the line earlier, the bloody crotch has frayed through

The aul shirt crotch eh? I'm even more out of touch with fashion than I thought.

You should the the state of the sleeves on my bowler hat.

FUCK.

Footballers. Great game but the playacting is fucking excruciating, so hard to watch.

The pub I'm in switched over to it after the U20 Hurling final. Some comedown from that, the hurling was mighty.

I hate this awful Party Over feeling that I get at the end of a long weekend, knowing it's back to reality.

It's particularly bad on a Monday right? No amount of 'positive thinking' techniques can help!

Quote from: mickO))) on May 31, 2024, 12:44:02 PMSpeaking of cats does anyone know how to keep cats out of your garden? Recently bought a house and 2 - 3 cats keep coming in and shitting in the back garden which is annoying enough but then one of the dogs will try to eat the shit. I am fed up having to clean up after other people's cats before I can even let the dogs out the back.

I know people do things like leave bottles of water around the garden etc. but what actually works?

My neighbour set up movement sensors and a sprinkler and it seemed to do the trick. Though he had a job walking past the sensors without getting soaked himself.   

If you can get a cat to associate getting wet with your garden, it might keep them out.   They hate it. People sometimes will go out with sprayers or water pistols but then the cat associates it with the person so will wait until they don't see you.   

I keep thinking today is Thursday and I have only one more day of work this week.  Then I remember it is only fucking Wednesday.  Hate these weeks that just drag out clicking the buttons. 

New bank card came today, spent half the day updating various payment methods across the net. Pain in the arse, and I'm sure I've forgotten something.

Quote from: Anvil on June 05, 2024, 12:24:15 PMI keep thinking today is Thursday and I have only one more day of work this week.  Then I remember it is only fucking Wednesday.  Hate these weeks that just drag out clicking the buttons. 

Funnily enough that's what happened to me as well, even though there's actually a day less in it. Wonder if it's the expectation of it being a short week that makes it feel long?

Quote from: astfgyl on June 05, 2024, 10:06:03 PM
Quote from: Anvil on June 05, 2024, 12:24:15 PMI keep thinking today is Thursday and I have only one more day of work this week.  Then I remember it is only fucking Wednesday.  Hate these weeks that just drag out clicking the buttons. 

Funnily enough that's what happened to me as well, even though there's actually a day less in it. Wonder if it's the expectation of it being a short week that makes it feel long?

Another pet peeve when the two parts of Ireland have different bank holidays.  Come on Brits, give me a day off!