Quote from: Caomhaoin on May 31, 2024, 01:32:25 PMThey don't like lemons apparently. The wife actually paid a lad who was essentially a pet psychologist to come over and try and get the cunt to stop pissing on the sofa and pillows (I banned him from the bedrooms, but she let him back in). The 'diagnosis' was stress, have to be nicer to him etc. and leave lemon in places ye don't want him to piss. Incredible. And she actually started cutting up lemons until I told her to grab a hold of herself. So I can't tell you if it really works.

150 quid for the consultation. Value for money I think you'll agree.

Quote from: Anvil on June 04, 2024, 11:02:06 AM
Quote from: mickO))) on May 31, 2024, 12:44:02 PMSpeaking of cats does anyone know how to keep cats out of your garden? Recently bought a house and 2 - 3 cats keep coming in and shitting in the back garden which is annoying enough but then one of the dogs will try to eat the shit. I am fed up having to clean up after other people's cats before I can even let the dogs out the back.

I know people do things like leave bottles of water around the garden etc. but what actually works?

My neighbour set up movement sensors and a sprinkler and it seemed to do the trick. Though he had a job walking past the sensors without getting soaked himself. 

If you can get a cat to associate getting wet with your garden, it might keep them out.  They hate it. People sometimes will go out with sprayers or water pistols but then the cat associates it with the person so will wait until they don't see you.

Thanks lads I will give these suggestions a try.

Italian mosquitos. On the family holiday this week and they fuckin annihilated both myself and the wife within the first 24 hours here. Herself even ended up getting medical attention. Thank fuck the kids didn't seem to get the same doing.

We can't even humanely kill a horse without being cunts..

That footage made my blood boil. Lowlife cunts torturing a dying animal.

#5764 June 14, 2024, 09:32:48 AM Last Edit: June 14, 2024, 09:36:06 AM by StoutAndAle
Quote from: The Great Cull on June 07, 2024, 07:49:27 PMItalian mosquitos. On the family holiday this week and they fuckin annihilated both myself and the wife within the first 24 hours here. Herself even ended up getting medical attention. Thank fuck the kids didn't seem to get the same doing.

This info is obviously too late for you now but - for future reference - I highly (and arrogantly) recommend Smidge. It is the single greatest insect repellent that I have ever used. It was suggested to me by a buddy of mine who worked as a scientist in the jungles of Honduras and Nicaragua for a few years.

I have used it on every holiday for a decade - in US and Canadian forests, around lakes and marshes, the Dominican Republic, Spain, France, Germany and nary a bite. My missus is quite susceptible to mosquitos and it works brilliantly for her.

That and garlic tablets.

https://store.adventure.ie/smidge.html

Sound advice. I defo won't be taking any chances of a repeat. My back and legs are still annoying the fuck out of me and I've been home since Sunday.

#5766 June 14, 2024, 09:52:14 AM Last Edit: June 14, 2024, 09:54:39 AM by StoutAndAle
Quote from: The Great Cull on June 14, 2024, 09:43:09 AMSound advice. I defo won't be taking any chances of a repeat. My back and legs are still annoying the fuck out of me and I've been home since Sunday.

I presume that you're both slugging tonic water with lemon and/or lime? Apparently it works. I'd save that for the vodka or gin myself though.

My wife found taking B12 supplements shift the after effects quickly.

Nope. Does this help too?

Quote from: The Great Cull on June 14, 2024, 09:53:36 AMNope. Does this help too?

The tonic water thing - I don't really know, it's an old school British Colony remedy apparently - but several people suggested it to my wife over the years.

The B12 supplement seems to ease the after effects for her. She hasn't had a bad case in very long time thanks to the Smidge product. We still take a B12 and garlic tablet (odourless ones obviously - good for the heart as well) with other vitamins to this day though.

Can't hurt to try. 

Dusty Hills personal possessions auctioned off after his death
https://bid.juliensauctions.com/auctions/catalog/id/505

My tolerance for cunts holding up their phones at gigs is getting lower. Especially at the start when the band comes out on stage.
Get in early to get a decent spot and then your view is blocked by a fucking tower of technology.

Bridgerton. I've never watched it and never will, but there's no getting away from ads for it.

I think the idea with tonic water was the quinine in the tonic water would help with malaria.   No idea if it is any good for insect bites. 

plus there's barely any quinine left in it these days compared to when folk used to drink it as a counter to malaria. do love me some tonic water though! Took a year or so break from alcohol a few years back and got really into making what we called "and tonics"  :laugh:

I did get into Gin and Tonics for a while.  Fever Tree was the nicest brand of tonic I had.