#1275 April 04, 2020, 03:20:43 PM Last Edit: April 04, 2020, 03:29:02 PM by astfgyl
That 5G thing has been going since the virus first became apparent and it seems to be gathering steam. I do think however, that now is a great time to get the thing done while nobody is paying attention and lo and behold it seems that is the case. The current situation buries a lot of the opposition to all sorts of things and so there will be a lot of stuff happening (I still can't find any news of the 50 cent on tobacco) and also a lot of fairly wild theories bandied about as well. (e.g. the 50 cent is helping to fund the lizard people to put up extra 5G towers) A lot of the problem I have is finding a reliable source on anything at all so even when I go to research say 5G for example, I have to wade through a severe amount of shite from the pro and con sides and still end up none the wiser a lot of the time.

Unfortunately there are no end of people who refuse to fact check things and simply run with whatever is the first thing they see or the first thing that tells them what they want to hear

What info on 5G are you looking for?

Here's a purely common sense conclusion:
https://twitter.com/sTeamTraen/status/1245813895576596496?s=19

And here's a more technical and official conclusion:
https://www.icnirp.org/en/applications/5g/index.html

Well my take on 5G is that it is part of the non-ionising EM spectrum (just like the other commonly used frequencies), therefore it's not going to cause damage associated with ionisation ie. cancer.

Of course the 5G quacks hear the word "radiation" and lose their minds.

Quote from: Black Shepherd Carnage on April 04, 2020, 03:54:37 PM
What info on 5G are you looking for?

Here's a purely common sense conclusion:
https://twitter.com/sTeamTraen/status/1245813895576596496?s=19

And here's a more technical and official conclusion:
https://www.icnirp.org/en/applications/5g/index.html

First story reminds me of one the father told me about painting the front of the house, where he did a patch and the mother said she didn't think she liked it. So he said he would change it for a slightly different shade while she was gone back to work. He continued with the original colour and when she gets home he has a much larger amount of it done. Yeah she says, that's much better.

Second piece seems to me to be saying that 5G technology could potentially be a source of health issues but not at the frequencies or intensities it will be used at according to the regulations. That seems fair enough. I suppose then the fact that it could possibly be bad has a lot of people thinking that it will definitely be bad and their mistrust of whatever large corporations are installing it or operating it extends to that, or something along those lines.

My own take on it from that is that basically we will all be test subjects based on the assumption that it is relatively harmless and the only way we will find out about any health issue arriving down the road in say 5 or 10 years will be to try it and find out. Which won't matter because by then we will have moved on to 6 or 7G and one of those will be the one that makes people explode after 20 minutes.

The cuntish endless stream of shit videos and memes that have quadrupled in quantity since people have been working from home. It's tedious.

Have I Got News For You was an odd one last night, a videoconferenced episode, yet it somehow worked. I've seen a few bands putting songs together that way too.

Quote from: Carnage on April 07, 2020, 11:57:24 AM
Have I Got News For You was an odd one last night, a videoconferenced episode, yet it somehow worked. I've seen a few bands putting songs together that way too.

Must have a look. Was Boris hosting?  :P

They missed a trick not having him and his father as guests on each team. Pair of arseholes.

No, Steph McGovern presenting. Miles Jupp and an author whose name I can't remember were the guests.

It was interesting but I wonder if they can keep going like this before it gets really old.

People in Ireland crying over Bernie Sanders dropping out of the US election, get a fucking grip  :laugh:.

#1285 April 09, 2020, 10:22:45 AM Last Edit: April 09, 2020, 10:24:55 AM by Pedrito
 :laugh:

It just shows how manipulated we all are by the media and vested interests. The meltdown people will have when Trump strolls back into office is going to be spectacular.

I'm assuming that is a Facebook/ Instagram/ lookatmeI'msufferingfortheworldtoseegivemeattention.com phenomenon?

The time it takes for a Netflix movie to load while opening my dominos 34 inch..

#youdon'tknowmytruth

Trump will crush Biden, no doubt about it. The latter sounds as if he has dementia.

Well WhatsApp have put another big nail in their coffin. You can only send a meme/video/message to one recipient at a time now.
Just as well I already had the Signal app on my phone. I hear Telegram is a option too...