It's tuff in da hood blud....  :laugh:

So on a quick hop into Tesco today I saw a lad (about mid 30s, had a mostly full shopping trolley) open one of those creamy Doritos dips, sniff it, think about, stick his finger in to scoop out some, taste it, grimace at and then procede to put the lid back on and the jar on the fucking shelf! 🤢🤢🤢

Like that's absolutely vile on a regular day, but with everything that's going on right now? I think I need a break from the human race, nevermind the internet.

I worked in Tesco back when I was school / start of college three of the best ones I saw / experienced was

A local mad woman came in lifted her skirt and pissed all over the isle.

A bomb threat was called in one day and they had us go around with sweeping brushes checking under the shelves for a bomb (no Joke)

Also one day a Nigerian women lifted a Tesco value 2 litre of coke off the shelf right in front of me, opened it, took a sip then looked at her friend started shaking her head in disgust, put the lid on the bottle placed it back on the self and continued with her shopping.

Quote from: Eoin McLove on April 13, 2020, 04:40:45 PM
I just had a total cunt of a thing happen.  I was out for a walk with my wife and kid and on our way back we bumped into our old landlord and his wife,  who are also the parents of one of my friends. We stop for a quick chat and this couple passes by with their bags of shopping,  unnoticed by me as they passed me from behind. After they go by my friend's Dad says,  'your man obviously hasn't heard about social distancing', which the dude fucking hears and then turns around to me and says,  'what the fuck did you say?'. I'm standing there like a tit with my mouth open.  What do I do? The ex landlord just shuts up and doesn't even turn to look at your man. He starts handing his shopping to his wife to square up to me (And I'm there like a fucking mongo with the baby in the pram in  front of me thinking,  am I now about to get in a fucking fist fight over a stupid remark I didn't even make!)
Your man's wife starts pushing him away until he tells her what I (but not actually I) said and she starts squaring up too! Meanwhile the ex landlord has slunk to the other side of the road to his wife and I just said to your one, 'I didn't say anything',and she turns on them and starts giving them abuse before walking off. Man, talk about shitting all over an otherwise pleasant walk. Cuntish.

Are the combined traits of 'piss taker' and 'thin skinned' exclusive to the Irish? People seem to fly off the handle at the least provocation and I will admit I've been guilty of it many's the time in the past much to my regret and embarassment. The guy should have sucked it up and walked on instead of shouting at someone holding a baby..pathetic. I understand him, I've been there, but suck it up ffs. Your mate's Da sounds like a dipshit though  :laugh:

Not referencing the above situation: Something I try to do these days is apologise when I've made a cunt of a situation like that. It's so easy to defend your argument or dig in your heels with stuff. I've even sought people out to explain what was going through my head when I was arguing or whatever, or if there's drink involved just come out and say it 'listen I'm sorry I'm after a few, you're better off not continuing this conversation' which often ends up with the other person agreeing and we get on grand after that.

There's a lot of touchiness with people these days and I find the older I get the easier it is not to get into politics talks, veer waaay clear of any discussions of friends' kids or their choices in terms of education or how they are raising them, baby names any of that shite, keep very distant if someone mentions their wife after a few pints...you think you might be helping but you'll end up with them turning on you. With my missus I don't get too involved with her side of the family in terms of things they do, ways they think etc. Honestly, it's none of my fucking business tbh. People get locked into their way of thinking and your only going to end up tripping the wire. It all sounds a bit noncommital maybe, but I've felt myself meddling in the past when I thought I was helping and I ended up being the bad guy. Get my own house in order first is my philosophy these days.

Quote from: Ducky on April 13, 2020, 06:14:28 PM
So on a quick hop into Tesco today I saw a lad (about mid 30s, had a mostly full shopping trolley) open one of those creamy Doritos dips, sniff it, think about, stick his finger in to scoop out some, taste it, grimace at and then procede to put the lid back on and the jar on the fucking shelf! 🤢🤢🤢

Like that's absolutely vile on a regular day, but with everything that's going on right now? I think I need a break from the human race, nevermind the internet.

That's pure mongery. Tescos should've fucked him out of it.

Quote from: Pedrito on April 13, 2020, 07:32:54 PM
Quote from: Eoin McLove on April 13, 2020, 04:40:45 PM
I just had a total cunt of a thing happen.  I was out for a walk with my wife and kid and on our way back we bumped into our old landlord and his wife,  who are also the parents of one of my friends. We stop for a quick chat and this couple passes by with their bags of shopping,  unnoticed by me as they passed me from behind. After they go by my friend's Dad says,  'your man obviously hasn't heard about social distancing', which the dude fucking hears and then turns around to me and says,  'what the fuck did you say?'. I'm standing there like a tit with my mouth open.  What do I do? The ex landlord just shuts up and doesn't even turn to look at your man. He starts handing his shopping to his wife to square up to me (And I'm there like a fucking mongo with the baby in the pram in  front of me thinking,  am I now about to get in a fucking fist fight over a stupid remark I didn't even make!)
Your man's wife starts pushing him away until he tells her what I (but not actually I) said and she starts squaring up too! Meanwhile the ex landlord has slunk to the other side of the road to his wife and I just said to your one, 'I didn't say anything',and she turns on them and starts giving them abuse before walking off. Man, talk about shitting all over an otherwise pleasant walk. Cuntish.

Are the combined traits of 'piss taker' and 'thin skinned' exclusive to the Irish? People seem to fly off the handle at the least provocation and I will admit I've been guilty of it many's the time in the past much to my regret and embarassment. The guy should have sucked it up and walked on instead of shouting at someone holding a baby..pathetic. I understand him, I've been there, but suck it up ffs. Your mate's Da sounds like a dipshit though  :laugh:

Not referencing the above situation: Something I try to do these days is apologise when I've made a cunt of a situation like that. It's so easy to defend your argument or dig in your heels with stuff. I've even sought people out to explain what was going through my head when I was arguing or whatever, or if there's drink involved just come out and say it 'listen I'm sorry I'm after a few, you're better off not continuing this conversation' which often ends up with the other person agreeing and we get on grand after that.

There's a lot of touchiness with people these days and I find the older I get the easier it is not to get into politics talks, veer waaay clear of any discussions of friends' kids or their choices in terms of education or how they are raising them, baby names any of that shite, keep very distant if someone mentions their wife after a few pints...you think you might be helping but you'll end up with them turning on you. With my missus I don't get too involved with her side of the family in terms of things they do, ways they think etc. Honestly, it's none of my fucking business tbh. People get locked into their way of thinking and your only going to end up tripping the wire. It all sounds a bit noncommital maybe, but I've felt myself meddling in the past when I thought I was helping and I ended up being the bad guy. Get my own house in order first is my philosophy these days.

100% the thing is,  my mate's dad is bang on.  He just made a total cunt out of me today. Both himself and the other lad were acting stupidly and I was in the middle feeling like the stupid cunt.  Am impossible situation.

As far as the other stuff goes,  I'm with you there too.  So often drunken fights are so petty and insane that you feel mortified about it the next day but thankfully I've not been in that situation in a long time.  Advice to friends and family can be tricky but I always err on absolute diplomacy on those rare occasions I'm asked for such advice. Gotta keep your own emotions out of it!

Quote from: mickO))) on April 13, 2020, 07:32:21 PM

A bomb threat was called in one day and they had us go around with sweeping brushes checking under the shelves for a bomb (no Joke)

A supermarket I worked in, during the loyalist incendiary device campaign (round 91-92 IIRC), would get calls phoned in, and of course the staff had to do the checking. And the poor fuckers who the management really hated would be the ones who'd have to check the toilet roll section and the firelighters section, etc...

I worked in Tesco back when I was school / start of college three of the best ones I saw / experienced was

Also one day a Nigerian women lifted a Tesco value 2 litre of coke off the shelf right in front of me, opened it, took a sip then looked at her friend started shaking her head in disgust, put the lid on the bottle placed it back on the self and continued with her shopping.

Did I imagine it from the old forum but were you in college in Sligo, so that'd mean you were working in Tesco there?

Quote from: Ducky on April 13, 2020, 11:11:51 PM

Did I imagine it from the old forum but were you in college in Sligo, so that'd mean you were working in Tesco there?

Yes I did my final 2 years in Sligo but the Tesco I worked in was the one in Drogheda while I was in college in DKIT.

Quote from: Mower Liberation Front on April 13, 2020, 11:02:37 PM

A supermarket I worked in, during the loyalist incendiary device campaign (round 91-92 IIRC), would get calls phoned in, and of course the staff had to do the checking. And the poor fuckers who the management really hated would be the ones who'd have to check the toilet roll section and the firelighters section, etc...

Thinking back on it now I can't believe we were asked to check and if I was now I would just walk out of the shop the minute I heard about a bomb threat.

Quote from: mickO))) on April 13, 2020, 11:22:16 PM
Quote from: Ducky on April 13, 2020, 11:11:51 PM

Yes I did my final 2 years in Sligo but the Tesco I worked in was the one in Drogheda while I was in college in DKIT.

Ah right, my dippy finger friend was in the Sligo one.

I worked there myself for all of two days before - induction was midnight on a Thursday until 02:30, ten minutes into my first day a wine bottle gets smashed, I'm told to mop it up and the supervisor says "I'm ten minutes off the clock so you can find the mop yourself", my second day was a 13 hour shift (on a Saturday), was trying to sweep the area at the back with the shopping trollies when an auld one flashed me when I asked could she stand up from the bench to sweep...

To top it all off, I took the job as a weekend gig as I was full time on a course, I explicitly stated this on the application and at the interview, but see I'm rostered until Thursday with no day off and working days... told the duty manager on the Sunday not a fucking hope am I working those hours and I quit, he says "you have to work a week's notice"... I said back what will he do if I don't work it, fire me?!

Fucking shambles of a place :laugh:

Gatefold packaging on records. It looks fantastic in many cases, that is beyond doubt, but the way the card warps and pinches when you're trying to get the record(s) back into the sleeve is a pain in the hole every single time. 

Not exactly the same thing, but I've gotten a couple of cardboard sleeved CDs lately and the discs are fit so tight into the sleeve that it's basically impossible to get at them without making shit of the case and/or putting fingerprints all over the disc

I only ever had that problem with the Rush in Rio 3CD. With gatefold LPs it's practically systematic, and head-wrecking

Got a good few CDs like that but I haven't made the jump to LPs yet, mostly due to the fact I couldn't really afford them or not enough of them to build a good collection. These days I'm like a child in a sweetshop buying all the cheap CDs that I could never afford as a young lad. Getting them for around 4 euro each delivered and I'm starting to develop a bit of a compulsion. Stuff coming in the door I forgot I even bought.