Still on hunt for a place in Dublin.. the absolute fuckery some of the people put on the ads on daft is just ..

"I'm ideally looking to rent the room to someone easy going, clean, friendly, interesting, positive, creative and open minded."

"In your email, tell us an exciting story about you to help us make our decision"

"what kind of vibes can you bring/add to our environment"

Shallow Grave springs to mind.

One ad I looked at on Daft (for a room in Cork) said "link is your Insta so we can get a vibe and we'll hit you up if we dig it"...

Jaysus that is nauseating shite altogether.

Travelled 3.5hrs on a bus to Dublin to view an apartment.
On the way to the place the woman calls me, the house mate thats moving out has suspected corona-virus/symptoms and someones on the way to the house to check them both so all viewing cancelled..

Pain in the hole but at least they found out before you got there.

Quote from: Ducky on March 06, 2020, 10:46:18 PM
One ad I looked at on Daft (for a room in Cork) said "link is your Insta so we can get a vibe and we'll hit you up if we dig it"...

🤦‍♂️

I'm friends with a couple who go way overboard with their facebook posts about how much they love each other and couldn't live without each other. It's the same drivel every couple of weeks/months whether it's a birthday, christmas, xmas, new years, valentines, international women's day or "just because".
They're always tagging each other in stuff, especially "memories" every other week, or if their kid has said something funny.
THEY FUCKING LIVE TOGETHER.... why do they feel like this is necessary? Why do they need so much validation?

Quote from: Giggles on March 09, 2020, 12:05:07 PM
I'm friends with a couple who go way overboard with their facebook posts about how much they love each other and couldn't live without each other. It's the same drivel every couple of weeks/months whether it's a birthday, christmas, xmas, new years, valentines, international women's day or "just because".
They're always tagging each other in stuff, especially "memories" every other week, or if their kid has said something funny.
THEY FUCKING LIVE TOGETHER.... why do they feel like this is necessary? Why do they need so much validation?

Not seen that since I closed my account thankfully. Happy you're happy etc but really... get off your fucking phones and talk to each other ya fuckin SAPS

Working with adults aged 40+ who consider 'wowsers' and 'yeppers' to be acceptable words to use during work based discussion  >:(

What's touted as news and moreso journalism these days. Look at the state of this article, it's like a 4 year old wrote it:

https://www.rte.ie/entertainment/2020/0309/1121247-eurovision/

Quote from: Pedrito on March 10, 2020, 07:06:06 AM
What's touted as news and moreso journalism these days. Look at the state of this article, it's like a 4 year old wrote it:

https://www.rte.ie/entertainment/2020/0309/1121247-eurovision/

"Popular across Europe" - based on four tweets.
Too many news articles these days are just some so-called journalist featuring a bunch of tweets and then declaring "The internet is in uproar about..."

QuoteOne Spanish person said...

:laugh: