Quote from: lifeeternal on March 01, 2020, 10:20:01 PM
Quote from: Eoin McLove on February 28, 2020, 02:37:27 PM
The fucked up state of the subtitles on Netflix.  If a film jumps between English and some other language the only option seems to be to watch half the fucking film without any subtitles and not have a clue what's going on or to watch the entire fucking yoke with hard of hearing subtitles on... Oh, is he whistling? Thanks, I wasn't sure what that sound was.  Cuntish.
I can't hear whistling without my hearing aids. Hard of hearing subtitles do exactly what they are meant to do.

I doubt think you quite understood my peeve.

Quote from: Eoin McLove on March 02, 2020, 06:54:48 AM
Quote from: lifeeternal on March 01, 2020, 10:20:01 PM
Quote from: Eoin McLove on February 28, 2020, 02:37:27 PM
The fucked up state of the subtitles on Netflix.  If a film jumps between English and some other language the only option seems to be to watch half the fucking film without any subtitles and not have a clue what's going on or to watch the entire fucking yoke with hard of hearing subtitles on... Oh, is he whistling? Thanks, I wasn't sure what that sound was.  Cuntish.
I can't hear whistling without my hearing aids. Hard of hearing subtitles do exactly what they are meant to do.

I doubt think you quite understood my peeve.
I'm hard of hearing not comprehension. People give out about hard of hearing subtitles a lot, it annoys me. Ah! That's my peeve for the day!

#1202 March 02, 2020, 10:35:20 AM Last Edit: March 02, 2020, 05:55:25 PM by Eoin McLove
No,  I understand their usefulness for hard of hearing people and have no problem with them as I have two hard of hearing relations.  The point is that they are the only option available on Netflix,  which is a pain for those of us without a hearing issue.  Either you read the script and two seconds later have the actors read the lines which fairly breaks the spell of the film watching experience or you watch the entire film without any subtitles so the bits in Spanish or Russian go over your head.  It would make sense to have a third option with regular subtitles for the parts that need it.  Hard of hearing subtitles are a cunt for people who are not hard of hearing.

Resurrecting the peeve there of those breathy, whispered acoustic covers, purely to show ye the one example that had me howling laughing when I heard it.  My gift to ye:

Enter Sandman.

Quote from: ochoill on March 02, 2020, 12:26:23 PM
Resurrecting the peeve there of those breathy, whispered acoustic covers, purely to show ye the one example that had me howling laughing when I heard it.  My gift to ye:

Enter Sandman.

this shit should be termed Deathbed Vocals

Even more depressing reading all the praise for it. Anyome with a halwits knowledge of protools could get his sister or niece in, or his granny if she can hold a note, and cobble that crap together. It requires literallly zero creativity. Oul video then of yer granny wearing a hoody, loads of eyeliner and staring like a gom into the camera..shite.

Or this bint who sounds like she is deaf in one ear

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=q0hyYWKXF0Q

Every time I go on YouTube she's doing a different version of it, this and the whispery shite, enough is enough

Quote from: Caomhaoin on March 02, 2020, 06:28:05 AM
Jaysus the sofa...Bought a great one a few months ago and this cunt won't leave it alone. It's wanton, that's what it is. Fucking wanton. I'd love to fling the manky bastard out the window right now.

Is it me or do the bastards hate a closed door? The missus got catnip in a fish toy thinking this should sort  the lemon out, told her has to eat the shit to chill him out,  no wouldn't listen and no every time he goes near it it's like he is on pcp. Only he keeps the vermin from the house up the road away he would be lonnnnnggg gone

Quote from: ochoill on March 02, 2020, 12:26:23 PM

Enter Sandman.
Sound. My good mood is ruined.

Quote from: Caomhaoin on March 02, 2020, 06:28:05 AM
Jaysus the sofa...Bought a great one a few months ago and this cunt won't leave it alone. It's wanton, that's what it is. Fucking wanton. I'd love to fling the manky bastard out the window right now.

Yeah the sister tried any and all tactics to divert the wee bastard away from the sofa but no, it decided that'll be its sharpening post, so it became its sharpening post.

Hitting the shop for a breakfast roll and a coffee at the same time as the high-viz banter lads from the building site! Christ!

#1211 March 05, 2020, 11:23:00 AM Last Edit: March 05, 2020, 11:26:37 AM by StoutAndAle
Mindless selfishness - with the current Covid-19 situation people seem of have gone to a mild "Lord Of The Flies" type mentality.

I've always had a little bottle of hand sanitiser in my bag/on my desk too - I'm not a germophobe but it's no harm to have it, I travel a lot for work, shake hands etc.  but I have it especially for when you're at gigs/pubs and the fucker who opens the jacks door as you're washing your hands hasn't washed his.

A buddy of mine works for a large US company - he said that the other day he noticed all the hand sanitiser dispensers were empty. He mentioned this to the services dept. lads who replied "What? Again?" They had only been filled that morning. Later that day it was noted that dispensers and bottles of it were also gone. Taken off walls like.

The boss came to all of us working here (about 20 people) at the end of last week and put a big 5ltr in the canteen and in each of the jacks. It's all gone already. He came in yesterday and said to go to the canteen and pick up an individual 400ml - "There's one for everyone in the audience". When I finally got to the canteen a bit later the crate was empty. Several others also didn't get one.

I don't think that the anti-bac gel is going to do much in this situation anyway but fuck it, the greed of this has annoyed me. Especially seeing as the fellas that we all suspect have whipped it wouldn't be known for their consistent hygiene the rest of the year.

Hyped up shite. It's the same retards who bought up all the bread because we had three days of snow... Simpletons, Ted.

Toilet roll seems to be the new one. Fucksake.