Lasted about 2 tracks before I gave up! Like most of the post reunion stuff the production is awful!

Listened to the first three songs on the way into town, pretty good so far. Mellower than usual, the two 'singles' work better in album context.

Good album..big improvement on book of snores..death of the celts is the worst im song of all time...harris has become the weak link in this band

Quote from: londonleatherboy on September 04, 2021, 11:02:24 AM
Good album..big improvement on book of snores..death of the celts is the worst im song of all time...harris has become the weak link in this band
is he though? I thought he was the main man keeping the train going so to speak

I don't want to seem negative as I do enjoy a bit of Maiden here and there and am not a musician, but would it be so hard to record a few short rockers and keep the album lean and clean?. I keep going back to the D'ianno era nowadays.

It's epic to play the same chorus 5000 times per song.

I have no problem with any of the post reunion stuff at all. That said I've listened to this album twice now and it's completely bland. It's probably going to get one more listen and be relegated to a shelf forever more.

Quote from: Necro Red on September 04, 2021, 11:40:27 AM
Quote from: londonleatherboy on September 04, 2021, 11:02:24 AM
is he though? I thought he was the main man keeping the train going so to speak

His solo penned tracks have become their weakest by a distance

Quite an interesting album at first listen, Darkest Hour standout so far.

Quote from: Don Gately on September 04, 2021, 09:19:17 PM
Quite an interesting album at first listen, Darkest Hour standout so far.

agreed.. best thing they've done since paschendale

I like it very much so far. Quite dark and atmospheric.

Quote from: Mr Barlow on September 04, 2021, 11:02:51 PM
I like it very much so far. Quite dark and atmospheric.

agreed.. I was only itching to fucking pan it and call it Shitzu but its actually very good so I dont know what to do now

It's an easier listen than BOS.
But still a bit of a chore to get through.
Some decent parts and some utter rubbish parts.

I'd have been quite happy with the first 7 tracks on one disc and be done with it.
The last 3 tracks are quite hard work.