Quote from: Trev on August 19, 2021, 10:08:51 PM
That's completely uninspired, and the worst part is I know I'll still buy the album at some stage

This is why these bands will continue to release shite albums because fans will continue to buy them regardless of whether they are good or not.

Quote from: ldj on August 19, 2021, 06:58:53 PM
New track, on the plus side, it's less than 5 minutes long, on the minus, the mix is atrocious.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mpuwr9fF7kw

What is it with the mix, these boys must have wrecked their ears, it sounds awful and muddy - have they not heard a new Rock or Metal album in the last 20 years? Song was boring as fuck and Dickinson has definitely lost the edge, possible due to cancer/age.

Quote from: Blackout on August 20, 2021, 12:05:32 PM
That's completely uninspired, and the worst part is I know I'll still buy the album at some stage

This is why these bands will continue to release shite albums because fans will continue to buy them regardless of whether they are good or not.

Absolutely. I don't get this attitude at all - if it's shite then why encourage it? It's like Maiden know 90% of their fans are idiots and they'll buy any old shite as long as Eddie is on the cover and Bruce is singing.

I still haven't bought new tickets for the rescheduled Belfast in case they pull some non-Legacy of the Beast setlist bullshit and we're forced to sit through half of this new shite plus the same old hits for the umpteenth time, No thanks.

I actually like the new song. Lot better than the first one.

Yeah! It's OK, like.
The mix isn't great. Both this and the first one sound kinda like a good quality live demos. To my ears anyway. Not really finished products, like.

But like the last album, I'm not going to bother buying it either. Unless I spot it in a bargain bin at some stage, maybe.
I bought into The reunion albums up to 'The Final Frontier' and that was enough.

The Book of Souls was good.  OK maybe 3 or 4 tracks too long but some really good stuff on there. I think they make an effort, my son loves them and is into the newer albums as much as the older stuff.  Fair play to Maiden I say.

Quote from: Don Gately on August 21, 2021, 12:17:54 AM
The Book of Souls was good.  OK maybe 3 or 4 tracks too long but some really good stuff on there. I think they make an effort, my son loves them and is into the newer albums as much as the older stuff.  Fair play to Maiden I say.

Oh absolutely. If you can make money off morons then have at it.

That's just the completist in me, but I'll probably only pick it up if I see it going cheap

I'd normally get a few full playthroughs of new Maiden releases before they fade from my attention but these 2 songs so far are just.....bland.

Granted they've been treading water for a good while, overly long intros and outros, choruses repeated ad nauseum, but there was always the bones of a daycent song there if only the editing had been a bit more heavy handed. Sadly I can't say the same about the 2 songs put out so far.

Quote from: Trev on August 21, 2021, 09:30:14 PM

Fair enough. I'm a grump so don't mind me.

That's just the completist in me, but I'll probably only pick it up if I see it going cheap

Strategy is growing on me.  Looking forward to the Album now.

Maiden Friday. New album out today. Fuck all the haters. May Eddie roast your bollox like marshmallows over an open fire !

Yes a very happy 12 year old bounded down the stairs this morning and announced that today was the day! His mother hadn't a clue what the day was...
Looking forward to hearing this now, reviews are decent to very good.

Let the album play through at work there. Wasn't giving it my full attention but it sounds decent. Very medieval, the last few songs especially.