Quote from: Thorn on September 15, 2021, 09:44:37 PM
Middle Age Maiden by numbers, yes, and y'know what, that's fine, that'll do. We'll miss em when they hang it up. If I want something more invigorating, and released on the same day, we have the new Portrait.

The new Rage is out Friday, though.

If you play Stratego on YouTube at 1.25 speed it actually sound good.  That's the most positive thing I have to say about the album.

Hell on Earth is a monster, lyrics are great

Finally the Future Past tour hit NZ.Had the most insane fanboy experience last 2 days. Met Steve on Sunday at the British Lion show in a tiny pub 40 minutes north of Auckland,I went early and caught him getting out of his van (All blackout with chauffered driver wearing gloves and a suit with coattails while the rest of BL turned up in a white soccer van/people carrier) I couldn't believe it, I was in shock, strange feeling meeting someone you've been watching since you were 11, I couldn't really even get any words out it all happened so fast :laugh: He was smaller than I imagined. It was only me and one other guy there, the following day was going to be his 110th time seeing Iron Maiden 😲

I won first to the barrier through the fanclub for the show on Monday. Was positioned left of stage in front of Dave and Adrian. First half of the set I was wearing my White Powerslave jumper and Adrian came to the edge of the stage and signalled to me and asked was I not too hot in it  :laugh: Then at the end of the set everyone was leaving and one of the security guys tipped me on the shoulder and handed me a folded up piece of paper which was the setlist! 

Crazy 2 days, brilliant gig, not the ideal setlist but what are ya gonna do. Surprisingly Hell on earth from Senjutsu one of the best of the night. Bruce was as good as ever. After seeing some dead crowds at the Aussie gigs I wasn't sure how NZ would go but this show was wild, the kiwi bogans were out in force, I've never seen so many people go over the barrier at a maiden show. This was I think maybe my 7th or 8th time seen them and was up there with the best. Even with some of the questionable recent releases, they'll always be the greatest band on earth to me, up the irons!! 💪💪💪

Savage man, good to hear it was a success!

Not going to lie, very jealous, but what a great couple of days  :abbath:

Ah well done great to see such enthusiasm. Went to this show last year with my son, it was a great gig too.

Deadly! :abbath:  Understandable you look so happy in the photo.

Reminds me of when I met Bruce the day after a gig in an airport.  Was kinda in shock and awe but managed to ask him to sign my ticket... About 15 minutes later I remembered I had been shopping the day before and managed to get some second hand Maiden vinyls.   They were in a shopping bag, in my hand when I meet him... Never forgiven myself for being such a fucking muppet!!!

Class, that was an infectious post to read  :abbath: