I think it's my favourite pub in Limerick, or at least, I somehow end up there for at leats one on every visit.

There's one to keep it on topic, Mother Mac's, a fantastic simple pleasure.

Quote from: Yung Led Zeppelin on October 05, 2023, 11:14:05 AMI think it's my favourite pub in Limerick, or at least, I somehow end up there for at leats one on every visit.

Mother Mac's is nice enough. I prefer Crew up the road from it though. Much better beers.

Tom Collins' is a mighty pub as well. One of life's simple pleasures (Limerick Edition) is getting a stool at the bar there early on a Friday afternoon and lowering pints of Guinness into yourself until it's time for dinner in The French Table.

The bang of a good fart. I mean one you've let yourself, not someone else's. I'm not a weirdo.

There's a pub between in Limerick between Mother's and Crew called Power's.

Stopped off one Saturday afternoon with the brother and a few other lads. It's an interesting place. Like if you wanted to drink in a Boyle Sports/Dole office hybrid.

We were finishing our pints and on the way to Crew when the brother says;

"Watch it, boys - this could get tasty."

Looking across the room, there were two lads having an argument.

One of them roars;

"Take 'aff ya fuckin' hat, yeh mouthy prick!" and shoves the other lad who immediately breaks down bawling crying and says in a London accent;

"I ain't even allow-had ta see ma fackin' kids!" 

This stuns the Irish combatant who drops his fists, looks around him at the spectators, puts a conciliatory hand on the sobbing English lad's shoulder and says;

"You'd want to keep your mouth shut until you go home to England."

"England? Oi live in fackin' Kilaloe!"

Quote from: Eoin McLove on October 05, 2023, 12:36:05 PMThe bang of a good fart. I mean one you've let yourself, not someone else's. I'm not a weirdo.

As in the smell or the noise?

Quote from: StoutAndAle on October 05, 2023, 12:49:05 PMThere's a pub between in Limerick between Mother's and Crew called Power's.

Stopped off one Saturday afternoon with the brother and a few other lads. It's an interesting place. Like if you wanted to drink in a Boyle Sports/Dole office hybrid.

We were finishing our pints and on the way to Crew when the brother says;

"Watch it, boys - this could get tasty."

Looking across the room, there were two lads having an argument.

One of them roars;

"Take 'aff ya fuckin' hat, yeh mouthy prick!" and shoves the other lad who immediately breaks down bawling crying and says in a London accent;

"I ain't even allow-had ta see ma fackin' kids!" 

This stuns the Irish combatant who drops his fists, looks around him at the spectators, puts a conciliatory hand on the sobbing English lad's shoulder and says;

"You'd want to keep your mouth shut until you go home to England."

"England? Oi live in fackin' Kilaloe!"
:laugh:
I know the place.  I used to live right on that crossroads on William st in a flat over the bookies.  Some fuckin sights.  I loved it though, that's when I realised I really love living in a city.
Quote from: Yung Led Zeppelin on October 05, 2023, 11:14:05 AMI think it's my favourite pub in Limerick, or at least, I somehow end up there for at leats one on every visit.

It is my favourite too.  Great Guinness, unmerciful selection of whiskey, great staff, good crowd go there.
Quote from: StoutAndAle on October 05, 2023, 12:26:59 PMMother Mac's is nice enough. I prefer Crew up the road from it though. Much better beers.

Tom Collins' is a mighty pub as well. One of life's simple pleasures (Limerick Edition) is getting a stool at the bar there early on a Friday afternoon and lowering pints of Guinness into yourself until it's time for dinner in The French Table.
Crew is great sport too and their own beers are lovely, but the majority of lads I drink with don't go craft anymore so Macs for Guinness is the go to.  Crew on a sunny day is amazing, street drinking, great buzz.

Collins' used to be a favourite of mine but I don't visit as much any more.  Mixed crowd, the back is all students, the front is all regulars and older heads, and it is perpetually busy.  I do agree though, get that barstool and hole out there for a few hours and the Guinness goes back like silk.

I mean look I also end up in The Commercial and Pharmacia too and they're grand but still, Macs all the way here.

Off the booze for 10 weeks today and a wedding this week so need to start greasing the wheels. Gonna have 2 pints in Brogans after work and I've got a chub thinking about them. I can't imagine ever getting a goo for lager the way I get one for Guinness. It's its own entity.

There's a very tame robin that hangs around the house, just had it flying around the kitchen. No harm done and it flew straight out the door, just nice to see that it's alive and well.

Quote from: The Heretic on October 04, 2023, 04:06:45 PMSitting back listening to shite from in-laws for years then finally getting the chance to put them in their place...magnificent..

I have a fuckin right good one about that:

So I was talking to the father in law one day and it came up with him saying about how all soccer players are pussies etc usual stuff from a rugby and hurling fan nothing new there, but anyway I was making the case that John Terry was a hardy cunt and going on about the time he had a broken back and played out the match with it. On comes the lad and says not possible, if he had a broken back he'd be paralysed so he couldn't have had. Nah I says, it doesn't mean his spinal cord was severed or anything just that he had a fractured vertebra so not all broken backs mean that you're paralysed like. Well this shit went on for a good half an hour until I got thick with him being such a thick cunt and we left it at that, disagreeing to disagree.

At least 5 years later didn't the father in law have a terrible accident on his electric pushbike and ended up very bad off in hospital for weeks. Eventually he gets out but still has to spend a bit of time in a sort of half hospital nursing home effort where I went to visit him.

How's tricks lad? Says I.

Ah I'm broke up he says, it turns out I broke a couple of vertebrae in the fall.

No you didn't I said.....

Sure you're hardly telling me that the doctors and the scans are wrong are you?

No, I says... but sure if you had a broken back you'd be paralysed

:)  :)  :)

Got the cunt

Quote from: astfgyl on October 05, 2023, 10:49:28 PM
Quote from: The Heretic on October 04, 2023, 04:06:45 PMSitting back listening to shite from in-laws for years then finally getting the chance to put them in their place...magnificent..

I have a fuckin right good one about that:

So I was talking to the father in law one day and it came up with him saying about how all soccer players are pussies etc usual stuff from a rugby and hurling fan nothing new there, but anyway I was making the case that John Terry was a hardy cunt and going on about the time he had a broken back and played out the match with it. On comes the lad and says not possible, if he had a broken back he'd be paralysed so he couldn't have had. Nah I says, it doesn't mean his spinal cord was severed or anything just that he had a fractured vertebra so not all broken backs mean that you're paralysed like. Well this shit went on for a good half an hour until I got thick with him being such a thick cunt and we left it at that, disagreeing to disagree.

At least 5 years later didn't the father in law have a terrible accident on his electric pushbike and ended up very bad off in hospital for weeks. Eventually he gets out but still has to spend a bit of time in a sort of half hospital nursing home effort where I went to visit him.

How's tricks lad? Says I.

Ah I'm broke up he says, it turns out I broke a couple of vertebrae in the fall.

No you didn't I said.....

Sure you're hardly telling me that the doctors and the scans are wrong are you?

No, I says... but sure if you had a broken back you'd be paralysed

:)  :)  :)

Got the cunt

That's long grass at its finest!

Turning the corner on my fitness after relative laziness over winter  8)

Have been away for a few weeks, was unable to watch any of the rugby world cup during that time. Just catching up now watching the SA match, with Scotland to follow, while knowing the scores. Without the tension, this SA match is sublime entertainment.

Ah you soon be back to good ol' Tommy's
Wearing jeans and leather, not crackerjack clothes