My sister's on Ballinskelligs beach at the moment, the bitch. Such a day for it.

I was filling trailerloads of turf. By god I'm getting drunk tonight.

Me Mickey.

I just love that guy

Quote from: Caomhaoin on July 16, 2022, 05:28:19 AM
My auld lad is from Ballyferriter, right on the peninsula a few miles from Dingle. Unreal part of the world for scenery. Between West Kerry and West Cork, you have a good dose of paradise on earth, provided, as Brian alludes to, you have the sunshine.

Another huge fan of Kerry here. I absolutely love driving the Conor Pass on a sunny day. The views as you crest it and start coming down towards Dingle are absolutely spectacular. Spoilt for choice then as to whether you tour about the peninsula, head for inch beach or head over to Killarney for more unreal scenery around the black valley. Heaven on earth indeed on a fine day.

I'd also rate Sligo very highly for the scenery. Haven't done any touring about Donegal yet but I imagine it's spectacular too.

We are blessed in this country when the weather is good. It really is spectacular. Laois isn't great to be fair but most of the other counties have something.

Back to pleasures, sitting here in the rain in my shorts and it feels lovely

I grew up in Beara, the Peninsula on the South side of Kenmare Bay. Scenery to kill for during the warmer brighter months, in fairness. And relatively unspoiled compared to most other areas
But it's bleak as fuck all Winter long.

I still much prefer to holiday on the Kerry side of the Bay in Caherdaniel, though. They got all the best beaches facing South... plenty of them to choose from all within a few miles. Loads of walks and hikes to Pick from.
And there's plenty about for the odd day trip here and there. Valentia Island, Kells Bay, Wayervile, Lough Currane, etc. Ballinskellig beach is nice, but the town and area around it has been ruined.

Cans left over after a festival. Feels like free drink.

Rocket Queen, driving with the windows down. Bliss. It's a pity suppin cans simultaneously is frowned upon.

Air conditioning. The only proof I've ever seen that there is a loving God who cares about his creations. Back in the flat now and feeling like a sweaty unairconditioned peasant.

The first cold sip of beer on a Saturday evening  :-*

Quote from: Eoin McLove on August 13, 2022, 11:42:42 AMThe first cold sip of beer on a Saturday evening  :-*
It is the greatest.  The weather here at the minute is lethal so I went for a few Druids and a pint glass with ice here, it is going down like silk.

A peeve and a pleasure combined: the peeve was having to sort out the backyard enough to make it useable, after letting it go to rot since last year.  Next door's Ivy had met my own and formed a sort of floating bush on the wall, it had grown into the shed doors, some local cats decided my stones are a fantastic shitbox, and I had a stack of stuff for a skip, including a microwave, that vines had completely enclosed.

The pleasure: I decided at 5.00pm that it was a shame to leave it in shit, and by 6.30 had it useable again.
Chanced taking a rake to the vines and had 90% of them off the wall in 10 minutes.  Trimmed the rest back by hand.  THE FUCKING PLEASURE in having it come back off the wall like peeling tape off a roll, the pleasure of an empty yard again, the pleasure of more light into the kitchen.  Unreal.

Did the garden myself lately tis grand so it is. Dunno if it qualifies as a simple pleasure though given the heartache it caused me

Quote from: astfgyl on August 14, 2022, 04:46:24 PMDid the garden myself lately tis grand so it is. Dunno if it qualifies as a simple pleasure though given the heartache it caused me
It's still fairly unusable but I took into a few cans beside the bins last night out there, if you stand at the right angle you can't get the smell coming off them.

:laugh:  :laugh:

I can picture exactly where you were standing

Watching the kitten Don Hector Salamanca develop into the ultimate psychopathic predatory killing machine.Confirmed kills to date; 2 bluebottles,2 butterflys and a fly