Quote from: ochoill on February 08, 2024, 11:44:28 AM
Quote from: open face surgery on February 08, 2024, 11:24:29 AMUp next:
Mayhem - DMDS
I see Sound On Sound this month has a full write up on the recording and production of DMDS, I was reading a little bit of it in Easons the other day.  Nothing outlandishly detailed but a breakdown of how they approached it, gear used etc.

Might be worth a goo.

Quote from: Eoin McLove on February 08, 2024, 11:58:25 AMVarathron- Untrodden Corridors of Hades. Never listened to this before and it sounds good.

Never even heard of it.

Quote from: open face surgery on February 08, 2024, 01:24:19 PM
Mayhem - DMDS
I see Sound On Sound this month has a full write up on the recording and production of DMDS, I was reading a little bit of it in Easons the other day.  Nothing outlandishly detailed but a breakdown of how they approached it, gear used etc.

Might be worth a goo.

Quote from: Eoin McLove on February 08, 2024, 11:58:25 AMVarathron- Untrodden Corridors of Hades. Never listened to this before and it sounds good.

Never even heard of it.

It's from 2014.

Blind Guardian - Nightfall (a last digital listen before setting in to wait for the vinyl to arrive  :abbath: )
Stormkeep - Lost Relics (this EP slipped past me, it's all dungeon synth though, so may go back to it but not much)
Primordial - How It Ends (yup, still maintain this is a great release)

Mayhem - DMDS

Would have thought the 4 track might have been beyond the scope of Sound on Sound

Quote from: astfgyl on February 08, 2024, 05:25:38 PMWould have thought the 4 track might have been beyond the scope of Sound on Sound
Sound on sound, on sound, on another sound

Quote from: ochoill on February 08, 2024, 05:32:44 PM
Quote from: astfgyl on February 08, 2024, 05:25:38 PMWould have thought the 4 track might have been beyond the scope of Sound on Sound
Sound on sound, on sound, on another sound

And the lads are sound about it, the sound.

Vemod - The Deepening
Gevurah - Gehinnom
Deus Mortem - Demons of Matter and the Shells of the Dead

Griftegård- Sacred. Solemn. Severe.

Escumergament - ...Ni degu fazentz escumergamënt e mesorga...

Quote from: Eoin McLove on February 08, 2024, 07:17:02 PMGriftegård- Sacred. Solemn. Severe.

Is that their business card?  :laugh:

"Let's see Griftegård's card. Look at the subtle off-black coloring. The tasteful severity of it. Oh my god. It even has a diacritic."

Quote from: Eoin McLove on February 08, 2024, 07:17:02 PMGriftegård- Sacred. Solemn. Severe.

Absolutely love that album.   Think I will stick it on this morning. 

Anyway, yesterday was all about Sargeist.  Think Satanic Black Devotion is my favourite so far. 

Sargeist - Tyranny Returns
Sargeist - Disciple of the Heinous Path.
Sargeist - Let the Devil In
Sargeist - Satanic Black Devotion

Alternating between these at work:
The Family Men- No Sound Forever
Contaminated- Celebratory Beheading

Must give the new Chelsea Wolfe a go next

Green Lung - Woodland Rites
Gama Bomb - Bats