Venom - In League With Satan and the The Singles 80 to 85. The older I get the more I appreciate that classic era of Venom.

Spectral Voice - Sparagmos

I'm a huge fan of their 2017 debut Eroding Corridors of Unbeing and this new album is somehow an improvement. Heavy as balls.

Quote from: Necrohag on February 09, 2024, 01:05:31 PMSpectral Voice - Sparagmos

I'm a huge fan of their 2017 debut Eroding Corridors of Unbeing and this new album is somehow an improvement. Heavy as balls.

It's good gear alright!

Quote from: OpenSores on February 09, 2024, 02:43:37 PM
Quote from: Necrohag on February 09, 2024, 01:05:31 PMSpectral Voice - Sparagmos

It's good gear alright!

Didn't realise it was out yet, I'll have to stick that on later. Great debut. They were absolute killer live too, so heavy.

My Dying Bride - A Mortal Binding

Not bad nor anything exciting

Nobody wrote better riffs then Slayer in their prime !

Quote from: Pentagrimes on February 09, 2024, 03:54:46 PM

It's good gear alright!

Didn't realise it was out yet, I'll have to stick that on later. Great debut. They were absolute killer live too, so heavy.

It's en route from SoM for me but I couldn't resist a few spins on yt last night, I think the doom aspects are enhanced this time, I was reminded a bit of Evoken in places
Wearing jeans and leather, not crackerjack clothes

Grave Upheaval- Untitled (second album). I'm going to see these retarded fucks live tonight with Cemetery Urn and a heap of other bands I've never heard of. Should be interesting.

After bingeing 90s power metal for days, I went back to Megaton Sword's Might & Power today. Sounded so much more metal and awesome than 90% of the albums I'd been listening to  :laugh: Think I'm already wanting for more new music from them  :abbath:

Quote from: Mr Barlow on February 09, 2024, 05:14:38 PMNobody wrote better riffs then Slayer in their prime !

Well that's debatable, but they were fucking very very good no doubt about it

Quote from: Thorn on February 09, 2024, 07:31:43 PM
Quote from: Pentagrimes on February 09, 2024, 03:54:46 PM

It's good gear alright!

It's en route from SoM for me but I couldn't resist a few spins on yt last night, I think the doom aspects are enhanced this time, I was reminded a bit of Evoken in places

Ooooh, this is going on when I get home. Their debut is indeed stellar.

Quote from: Malco on February 09, 2024, 04:18:23 PMMy Dying Bride - A Mortal Binding

The single is pretty good, certainly stuck out to me more than anything else I've heard from them in years

I couldn't last more than thirty seconds with it. Dreadful tame sounding muck. Their old music was so dark and heavy. The guitar tones back then are hard to beat, but now it all sounds like a Pantene commercial or something. Even the gothic atmospheres of old have been watered down. Yuck.

Quote from: Eoin McLove on February 08, 2024, 07:17:02 PMGriftegÄrd- Sacred. Solemn. Severe.

One of the best metal albums of all time in my book.  There hasn't been any stir out of them for a while.

Quote from: Pentagrimes on February 09, 2024, 09:34:31 PM
Quote from: Malco on February 09, 2024, 04:18:23 PMMy Dying Bride - A Mortal Binding

The single is pretty good, certainly stuck out to me more than anything else I've heard from them in years

I did listen the whole album (already leaked). You're right, this one is definitely better than previous album(s)