Quote from: Grim Reality on February 10, 2024, 10:11:40 PMGreat Saturday night action.

I only discovered these last year, catchy stuff, listened to this one a lot the last few months but haven't gotten around to the earlier stuff.

Accept - Restless and Wild
Black Sabbath - Black Sabbath
Celtic Frost - To Mega Therion
Bathory - Under the Sign of the Black Mark

Tormentador - Morte Negra

Massive war metal boner today

This new Spectral Voice is class  :abbath:  :abbath:

Quote from: Grim Reality on February 10, 2024, 10:48:08 PMDiabolical Fullmoon

Some wanker down in Galway has my copy of this LP and the 7" that was shipped and addressed to me from the band but somehow ended up at a house in Galway on the other side of the country. It was even signed for by whoever stole it oddly enough the person that signed for it was Ukrainian.

Coming in here, taking our records!!

I jumped into the wife's car to go and fill it up and she had Countdown to Extinction on.   8)  I often see this album being maligned as a sell out or whatever but I think it's class, and I have a lot of nostalgia for that time too, as Dublin leg of the Countdown tour was my first gig. I get that it has a cheese factor about it, you can't deny that, but it is still a ripper. High Speed Dirt came on just when the engine started and while the lyrics are kind of silly, not to mention the 'Shiiiiittttt' but at the end followed by someone hitting the ground, the song itself is a ripper. The Crimson Idol came out the same year and is a hundred times more cheesy and ridiculous and no less of a banger. Cheese me baby one more time  8)

Emperor - In the Nightside Eclipse
Spectral Voice - Sparagmos

Countdown does sound tempting as something to try get this Monday morning kicked into gear though!  :laugh:  :abbath:

Must grab Sparagmos for my fix of Invisible Oranges approved safe space doom  :P

Quote from: Eoin McLove on February 12, 2024, 09:37:58 AMMust grab Sparagmos for my fix of Invisible Oranges approved safe space doom  :P

:laugh: 

Belinus - the 3 last MP3s

Yesterday in the car Branikald on CD

Agony Column - Brave Words & Bloody Knuckles (a forgotten gem from 1991 - redneck groove metal is probably the best way I can describe it).
Blue Oyster Cult - Cultosaurus Erectus
Candlemass - Epicus Doomicus Metalicus
Deep Purple - Burn

Crimson Butchery - Repulsive Exhibition
Gorgoroth - Pentagram. The vocals are so filthy on this one. In the best way.

If a scabby rat on a dump heap could sing in a band it would be like this. Glorious.

Quote from: Circlepit on February 12, 2024, 03:16:25 PMCrimson Butchery - Repulsive Exhibition
Gorgoroth - Pentagram. The vocals are so filthy on this one. In the best way.

If a scabby rat on a dump heap could sing in a band it would be like this. Glorious.

That description has me going for it tbh.

Anyhow,  Killing Joke - Hosannas From The Basement of Hell. One I neglect in general but it's actually great stuff