Great band. Baphomet Pan Shub-Niggurath is a beast of an album, like Immolation playing on the Event Horizon ship.

Blood Incantation - Starspawn
Celtic Frost - Monothiest
Jake E Lee - Retraced

Quote from: Bürggermeister on February 01, 2024, 03:35:43 PMPorcupine Tree - Fear of a Blank Planet

I recently heard some Tears For Fears song (something from Raoul and the Kings of Spain album) on the radio and I was surprised how similar it sounds to Porcupine Tree (I mean those 'mellow' parts)

Necrowretch - Swords of Dajjal

Black/Death metal with a very sinister atmosphere, vicious riffs and a mad bang of Necrophobic off it. Can see it being on a few end of year best lists already.

Korn - Follow The Leader.

And I liked it, mostly. There's a bit of cringe involved but the other thread about the awful nu metal is putting me in the mood for a bit

Quote from: astfgyl on February 02, 2024, 05:05:52 PMKorn - Follow The Leader.

And I liked it, mostly. There's a bit of cringe involved but the other thread about the awful nu metal is putting me in the mood for a bit

A bit of cringe? The song with Davis and Fred Durst battle rapping broke the cringe scale. "You look like Austin Powers" is one of the better lines!

Quote from: Massey Ferguson on February 02, 2024, 05:24:41 PM
Quote from: astfgyl on February 02, 2024, 05:05:52 PMKorn - Follow The Leader.

A bit of cringe? The song with Davis and Fred Durst battle rapping broke the cringe scale. "You look like Austin Powers" is one of the better lines!

I only got through the first verse of that one. Couldn't go through the rest of those awful awful rhymes. I'm really surprised it got released tbh it's so fucking bad. Still, I make no apologies for liking the bit of korn

High on Fire - Snakes for the Divine

Underrated record imo, the production leaves a little to be desired at times but the songs are strong and it has some of Pike's more dynamic guitar playing, almost Megadeth-y in places.

#11483 February 02, 2024, 07:46:16 PM Last Edit: February 02, 2024, 11:07:04 PM by Eoin McLove
Pantera- Far Beyond Driven. My tape is 30 years old this year and despite a few wobbles and warps it lives  8)

WASP- The Last Command.
Candlemass- Epicus Doomicus Metallicus.
The Clash- Combat Rock.

Spotlights - Alchemy for the Dead
Spotlights - Love & Decay
Kruger - Redemption Through Liberation
Employed to Serve - Conquering
Leprous - Bilateral
Leprous - Tall Poppy Syndrome

#11485 February 02, 2024, 11:52:31 PM Last Edit: February 03, 2024, 11:12:00 AM by Lurker
Black Wound.Warping Structure.Absolutely living on this Stockholm War Doom since the summer

Listening to the new Unaussprechlichen Kulten album. Liking what I'm hearing.

Led Zeppelin: Remasters

Couldn't decide what album to listen to so here we are. Fucking excellent compilation, my proper introduction to the band.

Went on a bit of an At the Gates run tonight,straight through from The Red in the Sky is ours to Slaughter of the Soul.An unbelievable band in that period!.

Quote from: Paul keohane on February 03, 2024, 04:26:32 AMWent on a bit of an At the Gates run tonight,straight through from The Red in the Sky is ours to Slaughter of the Soul.An unbelievable band in that period!.

What a time to be alive