Quote from: Mithrandir on February 02, 2024, 08:25:49 AM
Quote from: Ducky on February 02, 2024, 07:55:34 AMNecrophagist - Onset of Putrefaction, Epitaph

I can't really sit through anything too technical these days but I have a soft spot for those 2 necrophagist albums, they're one of few that manage to be insanely technical but keep a feeling/atmosphere without sounding too sterile and lifeless.

Yep, there's a certain musicality to them that others lack for sure. On paper I should love Spawn of Possession, but they just bore me.

I think the relatively clean guitar tone helps Necrophagist (especially on Epitaph) too.

Carcass - Torn Arteries
Vomitron - No NES for the wicked
Funkadelic - Standing on the verge of getting it on

The rum is really taking its toll today

Rivers Like Veins (Pol)

Out on Werewolf Promotions.

Quote from: Grim Reality on February 04, 2024, 08:54:48 PMRivers Like Veins (Pol)

Out on Werewolf Promotions.

That's a Diabolical Fullmoon related band, yeah? I listened to some of their early stuff and it was a bit post-BM for my current tastes.

Sonic Violence - Jagd

#11510 February 05, 2024, 03:08:07 AM Last Edit: February 05, 2024, 06:22:08 AM by Carnage
Tau Cross: s/t
Paradise Lost: Lost Paradise  - in this episode of Fuck I'm Old: 34 years old today.
Paradise Lost: Draconian Times 25th Anniversary Edition
Pentagram: s/t
Metallica: No Life 'Til Leather demo

Mortuary Drape- Into the Drape. I've  never listened to this EP before for some reason and I have been missing out. Really really good stuff.

Nile - Annihilation of the Wicked
Revocation - Deathless

#11513 February 05, 2024, 11:36:43 AM Last Edit: February 06, 2024, 02:51:13 PM by Black Shepherd Carnage
First six Blind Guardian albums yesterday. 1 and 2 are better than 3, 4 especially and 5 a bit better than them, and then 6, Nightfall In Middle-Earth is a cosmic leap ahead in overall and sustained quality. Will move forward onto the later ones today.

Really liked Blind Guardian up to Night at the Opera (7th album I think), then lost interest and don't think I have really bothered with anything they released after that.

Just been listening to stuff at random. 

Lord - The Second Coming
The Crown - Deathrace King
Scepter - Fucking Metal Motherfuckers (always liked this and their third album I'm Going to Hell - must really try and find their first two albums sometime).
DeathFuckingCunt - Decadent Perversity (only bought this because I liked the band name.  Fairly average but I really have to be in the mood for this type of death metal)
Motorhead - 1916

Secrets - Towards The Nightside
Discovered this while poking around the Amor Fati bandcamp randomly, and it's great. Synth heavy Emperor loving black metal from (I think) the lad from Beketh Nexehmu and a million other bands

Abysmal Lord - Disciples of the Inferno

Decrepisy - Emetic Communion

Quote from: Eoin McLove on February 05, 2024, 10:41:07 AMMortuary Drape- Into the Drape. I've  never listened to this EP before for some reason and I have been missing out. Really really good stuff.

Arguably the best MD.