Yeah in the early 2000s,she was in Occult too,another good Dutch band years back.

Septic Flesh - A Fallen Temple.
Megaton Sword - Might & Power (first lunchtime gardening session of the year, back to my old faithful).
Nightwish - Century Child
Slidhr - White Hart!
Nokturnal Mortum - The Taste of Victory

Yes - Fragile
QotSA - In Times New Roman...
StarGazer - A Merging to the Boundless
Teitanblood - Seven Chalices

First 4 Sinister and the Bastards EP are the best. The girl only did vocals for two albums the 5th and 6th then for whatever stupid reason the drummer took over the vocals and stopped playing drums in the band. Mike the original vocalist's other band Houwitser is worth checking out the material is a lot better then the later Sinister stuff.

Type O Negative - Dead Again. I'd read that the recoding for this album was a nightmare with Pete Steele being difficult because of  his health deteriorating and addictions taking over .
Some songs are overly long but there are moments of pure magic. The vocal harmonies are like a Beatles tribute band and September Sun is like an amalgamation of their best songwriting in one track.

First Blood - Killafornia.

Skeletal Remains - Devouring Mortality.

Mourning Beloveth -Rust and Bone.
In Flames - Jester Race.
Marduk - Memento Mori.
Paradise Lost -Gothic.
Immortal - Battles of the North.

Ripping Corpse - Dreaming With The Dead
Sickened that there has never been a repress.

Sarcofago - I.N.R.I
!!!

Sadus - Swallowed In Black
This popped up as a suggestion on youtube the other day and I gave it a lash outside of the Chemical Exposure bubble I've always been in. Glad I did. It finally clicked and it's incredible. Still not as good as CE but it's a different beast.

Quote from: Circlepit on January 31, 2024, 04:51:38 PMType O Negative - Dead Again. I'd read that the recoding for this album was a nightmare with Pete Steele being difficult because of  his health deteriorating and addictions taking over .
Some songs are overly long but there are moments of pure magic. The vocal harmonies are like a Beatles tribute band and September Sun is like an amalgamation of their best songwriting in one track.

First Blood - Killafornia.

Skeletal Remains - Devouring Mortality.

I still struggle with Dead Again but there's enough there for me to come back every now and again to see if it clicks properly. The great bits are great but it just hasn't hit the spot so far. I'd put it on the Life Is Killing Me tier as it stands.

After saying that I'll throw it on this evening

Overkill - Scorched
Motorhead - 1916

1916 is one of their best. There's a great mix of diverse tunes which isn't something you can usually say of a Motorhead album!

Megaton Sword- Might & Power.
Slayer- South of Heaven.
Kat- 666.
Motörhead- Iron Fist.

AC/DC - Blow Up Your Video (the second best album of their 80's output)
Panic - s/t
Porcupine Tree - Fear of a Blank Planet
Necrophagist - Epitaph

Quote from: Bürggermeister on February 01, 2024, 03:35:43 PMAC/DC - Blow Up Your Video (the second best album of their 80's output)

I'd place Flick of the Switch as the second best of their 80's albums.

I wouldn't even use Flick of the Switch as a doorstop, it never clicked for me at all  :laugh:

Aphotic - Abyssgazer
Dissimulator - Lower Form Resistance
The Smile - Wall of Eyes