Quote from: Anvil on January 27, 2024, 04:22:07 PMDecided to have a Death Metal Saturday so going through some older death metal I haven't listened to in ages.

Exmortum - Nihilistic Contentment (for a reason unknown to me now I really liked this back in 2005 when it was released.  Fairly average on listening back a few times this morning).
Hate Eternal - Conquering the Throne (only ever listened to their first two albums, am I missing out on anything essential?)
Anata - The Infernal Depths of Hatred (another really good debut album.   Still a good listen).
Broken Hope - Grotesque Blessings (not really doing it for me)
Carcass - Heartwork (classic). 

Would love to hear something new from Anata

#11401 January 28, 2024, 05:13:41 PM Last Edit: January 28, 2024, 05:22:58 PM by Pentagrimes
Quote from: Paul keohane on January 26, 2024, 09:24:40 PM
Quote from: Paul keohane on January 25, 2024, 09:40:20 PMSovereign-Altered Realities,just out on Dark descent records.
Been listening to this non stop,fuckin savage!

Just giving this a blast now, its really good. Its like if Pestilence or Sadus had the guitarists from Realm or something. Right on the border of techy thrash and late 80s death metal.

Going to try this Dissimulator album "Lower Form Resistance"  next, I believe it's supposed to be in a similar vein. (Update: one song in and it definitely is in a very similar ballpark)

Need to sit into that Sovereign album. Enjoyed the listen I had.

incantation Blasphemy
Lucifer V
At The Gates slaughter of the soul.

I hear a lot of Ripper (Chile) in the Sovereign album which ain't a bad thing
Wearing jeans and leather, not crackerjack clothes

Serum Dreg - Impure blood

Malthusian - Across Deaths
Morbus Chron - Sweven
Bolt Thrower - Realm of Chaos
Reveal - Doppelherz

Destroyer666   -      Never Surrender
Desaster           -      Churches without Saints

Vemod - The Deepening

CD. Hardcover version. 58 pages. Nice oul stuff both musically and in the physical format.

I'm curious to hear that but I suspect I'm going to have to pick ny moment. Doesn't seem like one to spin on the oul commute of a morning.

Profanatica - Crux Simplex

Dødheimsgard - Black Medium Current
Lvcifyre - The Broken Seal
Thief - The 16 Deaths of My Master
The Smile - Wall of Eyes

Rotting Christ- Thy Mighty Contract.
Samael- Worship Him.

Quote from: OpenSores on January 29, 2024, 10:56:13 AMDødheimsgard - Black Medium Current
Lvcifyre - The Broken Seal
Thief - The 16 Deaths of My Master
The Smile - Wall of Eyes

Only one listen but really enjoyed the new one from The Smile. First one was great as well and there's a live show online from, I think, Montreux which is savage.