Mastodon - hushed and grim

Molder - Engrossed in Decay ...lots of tasty death metal coming out of the states at the moment!

Quote from: Deranged Bear! on November 21, 2022, 09:02:59 PMMolder - Engrossed in Decay ...lots of tasty death metal coming out of the states at the moment!
Brilliant album;been spinning it a lot.

Biersbreaker - The Power of the Hammer
I could do with a shot of rum right now.

Primordial- To the Nameless Dead. I can't remember when I last put this on but Alan is doing a podcast about it on Friday which made me want to revisit it. I loved it when it came out. Not sure how well it holds up...

Sigh - Shiki
Negative Plane - The Pact
Oranssi Pazuzu - Valonielu
Today is the Day - Temple of the Morning Star

#8422 November 24, 2022, 04:24:44 AM Last Edit: November 24, 2022, 05:02:31 AM by Carnage
Einstürzende Neubauten: Ende Neu
Einstürzende Neubauten: Tabula Rasa

In Twilight's Embrace - Lifeblood
Infaust                         Verblichen

#8424 November 24, 2022, 09:50:54 PM Last Edit: November 25, 2022, 04:53:06 AM by Eoin McLove
Negative Plane- The Pact.
Malokarpatan- Krupinské Ohne.
Chevalier- Destiny Calls.
Ljosazabojstwa- Głoryja Śmierci.
Metallica- Master of Puppets.
Mayhem- De Mysteriis Dom Sathanas.

High Command - Eclipse of the Dual Moons

New record out today, somehow these lads passed me by when they released their debut but so far this is the most interesting thrash record I've heard in a long time.

I've seen them described as crossover thrash but it has more in common with Hell Waits, Kill Em All, Bonded by Blood imo.

The production is great too, proper crunchy guitar tone, none of that super nasally shite you hear on most modern thrash albums.

Have that High Command on the wishlist but have't listened to it yet.

I recommended them previously on the new thrash recommendations, deadly band  :abbath:

Forgotten Woods- As the Wolves Gather/ Sjel Av Natten.

Totally ridiculous but love listening to the charity shop LP

Trini Lopez - Live at PJs

There's been a lot of seemingly popular death metal releases this year, dark descent/msuo have about a half dozen that I can't tell apart, but Ataraxy - The Last Mirror is the only one that has stuck for me. Stunning album.

Does anyone else have any death metal standouts for the year? That's pretty much it for me.