Listened to Somewhere In Time and Seventh Son back to back in work yesterday.
Imo these are the two most consistent Maiden albums.

Yes hard to argue with you. I would probably add The Number of the Beast to that list also and maybe the debut?

Quote from: Don Gately on November 12, 2022, 11:51:06 AMYes hard to argue with you. I would probably add The Number of the Beast to that list also and maybe the debut?

My thoughts exactly.

Mastodon - Crack the skye, fantastic album.

Diabolical Fullmoon- The Pagan Wolves Will Rise Again.

Dold Vorde Ens Navn- Mørkere.

Abbath - Self titled
Massacre - From Beyond
Vomitory - Blood Rapture

Quote from: Circlepit on November 16, 2022, 12:11:45 PMMassacre - From Beyond

Without doubt, one of the best albums from that era

#8394 November 17, 2022, 10:43:30 PM Last Edit: November 17, 2022, 11:36:04 PM by Eoin McLove
Svartidauđi- Revelations of the Red Sword. I see the band have split up. I seldom choose to listen to their records but always enjoyed them live. I haven't given this album enough attention and some of it seems to blur past without really sticking but then they throw in a really majestic riff and draw me back in. Might need to spend some more quality time with it.

Don't think I fully checked it out. They never did a whole lot for me on record either. Saw them plenty of times though and same as yourself, always enjoyed them.

#8396 November 17, 2022, 11:44:44 PM Last Edit: November 17, 2022, 11:46:49 PM by Eoin McLove
Could be cool to see them develop that majestic and epic side in whatever new bands sprout up. The jarring dissonance is fine but kind of gets a bit tedious. I find it more interesting to watch than to listen to.  Same thing with Portal- watching what the guitarists do is fun, plus the stage show itself is great, but on record I get bored after a few minutes. I think the Svartidauđi dudes are well capable of doing something truly spectacular. They are serious musicians and when they want to they can come up with music that stops you in your tracks. As long as they don't end up going post rock!

Godflesh: Pure Live

Jaysus, 'tis heavy an' all.

Joy Division: Closer

There's something about the sheer awkwardness of the vocals that just makes it, even more so than Unknown Pleasures.

I only have Closer. I can't fucking stand it  :laugh: