Vomitory- Revelation Nausea
King Diamond - Abigail
Altered Dead - Altered Dead.

Listened to both discs of the new Devin Townsend. Surprisingly far better than I'd expected he'd come up with at this stage.

Internment - Chained to the Moon

Interitus - Der Traum von menschenleerer Schönheit

#8374 November 10, 2022, 01:17:47 PM Last Edit: November 10, 2022, 01:19:21 PM by Thorn
Monstrosity - Spiritual Apocalypse 8/10
Monstrosity - Imperial Doom 9/10
Running Wild - The Rivalry 8.5/10
In The Woods - Cease The Day 8/10
Hate Eternal - Upon Desolate Sands 8.5/10
Holycide - Annihilate..Then Ask 7.5/10
Cult of Luna - The Long Road North 8.5/10
Exciter - Long Live The Loud 9/10
Exciter -Unveiling The Wicked 8.5/10
Negative Plane - The Pact 9/10
Wearing jeans and leather, not crackerjack clothes

Quote from: astfgyl on November 09, 2022, 12:30:10 AMWhat, is that the end of that then? Pity, they were only coming into their own and beginning to relinquish their hold on shock value vs actual good songs. Could have been something spectacular altogether.

???

What was "shock value" about most of their discography? They've been writing catchy songs since Miss Machine.

Night Raft Of The World
Deicide Once Upon The Cross
Dismember Hate campaign and Massive Killing Capacity

Incantation - Onward to Golgotha
Sabbat - History of a Time to Come

Necromantia- Scarlet Evil Witching Black.
Forgotten Woods- The Curse of Mankind.

Quote from: Eoin McLove on November 11, 2022, 08:01:39 AMNecromantia- Scarlet Evil Witching Black.

Not a huge fan of the Greek BM sound but this and Crossing are great albums.

#8380 November 11, 2022, 09:11:02 AM Last Edit: November 11, 2022, 11:22:15 AM by Eoin McLove
Quote from: mickO))) on November 11, 2022, 09:07:55 AM
Quote from: Eoin McLove on November 11, 2022, 08:01:39 AMNecromantia- Scarlet Evil Witching Black.

Quote from: mickO))) on November 11, 2022, 09:07:55 AM

I go through binges of the Greek bands and find myself more and more frequently reaching for that stuff. I have to pick up Crossing at some point. From my occasional listens to it it sounds very experimental, with plenty of instrumental sections. I think it will take time to crack.

Dream Unending - Song of Salvation

Quote from: Ducky on November 10, 2022, 04:47:06 PM
Quote from: astfgyl on November 09, 2022, 12:30:10 AMWhat, is that the end of that then? Pity, they were only coming into their own and beginning to relinquish their hold on shock value vs actual good songs. Could have been something spectacular altogether.

???

What was "shock value" about most of their discography? They've been writing catchy songs since Miss Machine.

Perhaps badly put, but there's a certain controlling of the chaos that they appeared to really master towards the end where even the most crazy sounding bits were easier to get to grips with or seemed to have more of a point to them

Insincerus - Sanitarium
Internment - Chained to the Moon

Quote from: Ducky on November 10, 2022, 04:47:06 PM

???

Also Ducky have to say it's great to get back to chatting about music