In The Woods - Heart of the Ages
               Omnio

Morbid Angel- Altars and now Blessed.
What a run of albums.

Quote from: Cailleach on November 29, 2022, 06:09:26 PMIn The Woods - Heart of the Ages
               Omnio

I might have to go back to those after hearing the new one
Wearing jeans and leather, not crackerjack clothes

I gave a listen to a song off the new one and the one before it, Cease the Day. Neither did it for me. I found the new singer a bit uninspiring. Maybe I need to spend a bit of time with them. I am wearing my shitty Heart of the Ages tshirt today. The fucking state of it  :laugh:

Dold Vorde Ens Navn- Mørkere.

Cease The Day is excellent, a good balance of the blackened and more proggy elements of the band whereas the new one seems to flounder around more in the latter. It's not bad, just not really what I want from them. That's not the red long sleeve by any chance is it? Used to have that yonks ago.

No it's the gimpy white one the band released last year. It's so bad. Small image, blurry picture quality and its fading already. The back print is the cool band photo from the album cover but if you didn't know the photo you wouldn't be able to make it what the fuck you're looking at. Total shit. But I still wear it...

Obtest – Tūkstantmetis
Obtest - Iš Kartos Į Kartą
Rev Bizarre- death Is glory...now. CD2

Brutal Truth - Extreme Conditions
Brutal Truth - Need to control
Brutal Truth - Sounds of the..
Cenotaph - The Gloomy reflection...
Incantation - Blasphemy
Pantera - The great southern trendkill
Carcass - Symphonies and Necroticism

Marduk - Plague Angel.
Chaotian - Festering Excarnation. I dunno about this one. I saw them been referenced in an earlier post. This one feels like a demo.

King Diamond - Voodoo
Never really listened to this and I'd say it's his last really good album.
The first proper song is one of the best things they ever wrote imo and bonus points for the excellent Necrolord cover art.

Warning - The Strength to Dream
40 Watt Sun - Perfect Light
The Smile - A Light for Attracting Attention

#8456 November 30, 2022, 07:16:23 PM Last Edit: November 30, 2022, 07:35:51 PM by Thorn
Grave Digger - Times of War 7/10
Atomkraft - Conductors of Noise 8/10
Autopsy - Morbidity Triumphant 7.5/10
Abomination - Tradgedy Strikes 7/10
Krisiun - Scourge of The Enthroned 7.5/10
Iron Angel - Hellbound 7/10
Ereb Altor - Vargtimman 8/10
Immortal - Pure Holocaust 9.5/10
Vio-lence - Eternal Nightmare 9/10
Agent Steel - Unstoppable Force 9/10
Forbidden - Green 6/10

Dillinger Escape Plan - One of us is the killer and Miss Machine.

I've been unfair to these lads over the years but I think I'm finally after getting it.

Check out Ire Works, if you haven't. Only one of the later ones I gave a lot of time to and it's a banger.

I loved Calculating Infinity when it came out. It was like nothing I'd heard before. It was so heavy, chaotic, technical and noisy. It was exciting. The EP with Patton was alright too but nothing after that, with the new singer, did much for me. I hated the fact that he sounded like Patton and I think I read an interview with him that said he wasn't even into heavy music which automatically turned me against him. The pop elements that they brought in just disgusted me completely. Oh well,  Calculating is still a ripper.