Quote from: open face surgery on November 30, 2022, 07:47:20 PMCheck out Ire Works, if you haven't. Only one of the later ones I gave a lot of time to and it's a banger.

I will. Heard it once back in the day but that was all. Have been getting stuck into the 2 mentioned above and Dissociation big time lately and in the market for more

Also, it can't be underestimated the effect that EP with Mike Patton had on these chaps. They stink of him.

Further to McLove there, I didn't like Calculating Infinity at all at the time I must give it another chance

Miss Machine, Ire Works and Option Paralysis are all brilliant brilliant albums.
Great songs that don't all rely on the chaos for impact.

I saw them live twice and if you cut out the leapin and hoppin about they were still excellent. Heavy as fuck and Greg Puciato could hit the all the notes clean or roaring.

They were great live, yep. Saw that Dorans gig with Nasum which was insane and then again in The Village I think. The second gig wasn't as good but I was on the balcony which didn't help. I think that the leppin and hopping about lost impact the second time seeing it.

I saw them in Village with Between The Buried And Me as support, another bunch of talented musicians.
As it was my first time seeing them I thought it was bananas.
I remember wondering why they had big boxes on the stage. Them the gymnastics started.

Second time was in The Academy. Nasum must have been crushingly heavy.

Quote from: Eoin McLove on November 30, 2022, 08:17:16 PMThey were great live, yep. Saw that Dorans gig with Nasum which was insane and then again in The Village I think. The second gig wasn't as good but I was on the balcony which didn't help. I think that the leppin and hopping about lost impact the second time seeing it.

I got fucked out of that gig in the village after 15 minutes. Dragged down about 3 flights of stairs with both arms twisted behind my back and fucked out on to the ground on my face.

The crime: I crowdsurfed during Panasonic Youth.

#8465 November 30, 2022, 08:40:48 PM Last Edit: November 30, 2022, 08:42:20 PM by astfgyl
Quote from: Circlepit on November 30, 2022, 08:11:49 PMMiss Machine, Ire Works and Option Paralysis are all brilliant brilliant albums.

I saw them live twice and if you cut out the leapin and hoppin about they were still excellent. Heavy as fuck and Greg Puciato could hit the all the notes clean or roaring.

Option Paralysis is another one I need to come back at. Can't remember a note of it

Edit: didn't remember btbam were support. They're sort of not too bad, like regular shit metalcore but it smells a bit like Devin Townsend

The bang of Patton off Ire Works is shameless. Calculating Infinity is amazing as is Irony is a Dead Scene with aforementioned Patton.

That gig in The Village was animal. Saw them at Fury Fest in 04 as well which was also savage. Dunno if I saw them besides those two times.

Quote from: Circlepit on November 30, 2022, 08:24:00 PMI saw them in Village with Between The Buried And Me as support, another bunch of talented musicians.
As it was my first time seeing them I thought it was bananas.
I remember wondering why they had big boxes on the stage. Them the gymnastics started.

Second time was in The Academy. Nasum must have been crushingly heavy.

Yeah, Nasum were savage.

Quote from: astfgyl on November 30, 2022, 08:40:48 PM
Quote from: Circlepit on November 30, 2022, 08:11:49 PMMiss Machine, Ire Works and Option Paralysis are all brilliant brilliant albums.

Option Paralysis is another one I need to come back at. Can't remember a note of it

Edit: didn't remember btbam were support. They're sort of not too bad, like regular shit metalcore but it smells a bit like Devin Townsend

I still have the BTBAM hoodie, it was February 2012!
They are more like a proggy metal core.
They have a covers album on which there is heavy heavy version of blackened.

Quote from: Circlepit on November 29, 2022, 07:39:23 PMMorbid Angel- Altars and now Blessed.
What a run of albums.

I will never get tired of raving about how good AOM is.

That Nasum footage is savage. The riffs...

Calculating Infinity, The Mike Patton EP, the 10" and the self titled are the best for me the other stuff is good but doesn't come close to the earlier material. Was very disappointed with the final album. Was also at that gig in the village which was great. Got to see them 2 nights in a row just before the final album came out in 2017 in a place about the size of the pint in August in the middle of a heat wave no air conditioning inside and  both shows sold out, both gigs were mental.

Unfortunately missed the final tour wasn't in Ireland when the Irish show happened and had come home for xmas a few days before the final tour hit where I was living at the time which was very disappointing. 

Qrixkuor- Zoetrope.
Coscradh- Nahanagan Stadial.

Kind of a nice contrast here between two ends of a similar style of death metal. Q are more layered and sophisticated, C more violent and bestial but both are often lumped under the vague enough term of cavernous.

Any kinda stoner recommendations, in the karma to burn mould but with more vocals and some dirty lead guitar
Play the Academy July 13th