Quote from: Thorn on July 06, 2021, 08:15:47 PM
Quote from: astfgyl on July 06, 2021, 01:13:47 PM
That spoken word thing in the middle of it is one of the cheesiest things I've ever heard

Yeah but was it cheesy or cool thirty years ago when it was released? Just sayin' y'know ye gotta rewind the mindset  a bit with these old albums.

Well I didn't skip it or anything but I was glad to be alone when it was on. I'd nearly be of the opinion it was still cheesy 30 years ago but as someone who likes metal music in general, I'm quite partial to a bit of cheese.

Quote from: open face surgery on July 06, 2021, 05:53:21 PM
Same as most double albums, The White Album, has its fair share of filler but also has some of the greatest songs ever written.

I'd never heard any of it but was reading a bit about it lately and happened to see it so picked it up. Very pleasantly surprised at the amount of both good and off the wall things between the 2 discs.

Quote from: astfgyl on July 06, 2021, 08:21:41 PM
Quote from: Thorn on July 06, 2021, 08:15:47 PM
Quote from: astfgyl on July 06, 2021, 01:13:47 PM
That spoken word thing in the middle of it is one of the cheesiest things I've ever heard

Yeah but was it cheesy or cool thirty years ago when it was released? Just sayin' y'know ye gotta rewind the mindset  a bit with these old albums.

Well I didn't skip it or anything but I was glad to be alone when it was on. I'd nearly be of the opinion it was still cheesy 30 years ago but as someone who likes metal music in general, I'm quite partial to a bit of cheese.

Yeah, I dunno how it would strike me coming to it now, certainly back in the day it just added a bit to that political agitator/anarchist shtick
that Kory has going on. Also I'll say this he was a dead on guy the time a few of us met him in Dublin, stood chatting away contrary to any diva/rock star perceptions about him.
Wearing jeans and leather, not crackerjack clothes

Quote from: astfgyl on July 06, 2021, 08:23:43 PM
Quote from: open face surgery on July 06, 2021, 05:53:21 PM
Same as most double albums, The White Album, has its fair share of filler but also has some of the greatest songs ever written.

I'd never heard any of it but was reading a bit about it lately and happened to see it so picked it up. Very pleasantly surprised at the amount of both good and off the wall things between the 2 discs.

While My Guitar Gentle Weeps is a masterpiece.

Past few days.
Immortal- Battles In The North. I love this album. The sound, the riffs, the way the songs just stop dead, the weird mix...
Dying Fetus- Reign Supreme- Almost Pantera levels of groove.
Metallica- Kill’Em All.
Iron Maiden- Powerslave

My second favourite Immortal after Pure Holocaust
Wearing jeans and leather, not crackerjack clothes

Quote from: astfgyl on July 06, 2021, 04:04:35 PM
Quote from: son of the Morrigan on July 06, 2021, 02:19:01 PM
Accidentally came across Warrior Soul on the you tube there a few months ago having never heard of them before. listened to a few songs out of interest. If I never hear of them again I won't be too put out about it, not terrible to be fair, but fairly shite.
The few songs I heard wouldn't encourage me to go buying an album like, put it that way.

Ah sure I only got it because the charity shop were doing 6 for a fiver and I was getting desperate. Not a hope I'd have went near it otherwise and if I'd chanced it on youtube I'd never have got past the first track.

Didn't do too bad out of it though, got Best of Rory Gallagher (I don't know any of his stuff), The Beatles White Album (which is surprisingly great), Dark Side of the Moon (lost my old copy), The Prodigy Fat of the Land (some good bits, mostly not great), Nirvana Unplugged (some of it has not aged well) and the Warrior Soul album (cheesy as fuck but a couple of very good tracks).

A good fiver spent. The Beatles album was worth it alone.

Fucking right it was a well spent fiver! some great stuff there.
Ya jammy cunt, any time I look at cds in charity shops all that's there is fucking Daniel O'Donnell, Foster and Allen and all the Michael Jackson cds people had to get out of the house in case people saw them and assumed the owners were sexually attracted to children.

Be careful with that white album, wasn't it off that album that Charles Manson claimed he got his messages from God off.
The astfgyl family running riot in Tipperary wouldn't please the Tipperary tourism board.

Dimmu Borgir- Puritanical Eurphoric Misanthropia

Dimmus best work.

Immolation - Dawn of Possession

Quote from: Blackout on July 07, 2021, 12:19:52 AM
Dimmu Borgir- Puritanical Eurphoric Misanthropia

Dimmus best work.

Yeah, its a brilliant album, Death Cult Armageddon is a close second imo.

Cathedral - Caravan Beyond Redemption
                      The Carnival Bizarre
                     The Ethereal Mirror

Last Days of Humanity - Horrific Compositions of Decomposition

Witchfinder General - Death Penalty
Gravesend - Methods of Human Disposal
Darkthrone - Eternal Hails
Charm Charm Chu - Majestic Brewing Order (Hong Kong thrash, savage riffs)

Causam - Doomsday Rapture
Caverne  - Aux frontières du monde