Spectral Lore - III

I picked up a Warrior Soul album in a charity shop last week - Last Decade Dead Century. As soon as I turned it on I thought it was shit but all the same I'm after going back to it a few times and now I have it on again and it's still sort of shit but not really shit either. Never heard a note of them before the chance buy and although I probably won't be cruising through the full discography any time soon, this CD was well worth the (500/6) 83 cent.

Good old random buy CDs!

That's Corey Clarke yeah? I was recently-ish watching an old Headbangers Ball special on Rock Am Ring or Dynamo, one of those 90s festivals, on YouTube and Warrior Soul were on. Awful awful shite. It was all just shape throwing and trying to bring back the 60s70s heyday of rock n roll but without a single note of talent from what I could hear. Shit riffs, shit vocals and annoying looking cunts who wished they were in The Rolling Stones. I couldn't believe how bad they were. They were like a bargain bin Kula Shaker or something... muck.

Yeah that sounds about right! Pure shit but I still got me 83c worth. Thank fuck I didn't have the misfortune of seeing them as well but I feel like that about every sort of music so it's not something I get too into thinking about or I'd stop altogether.

Brutality - Sadistic
After a looong time of not listening to them.

Quote from: astfgyl on July 06, 2021, 02:11:00 AM
Yeah that sounds about right! Pure shit but I still got me 83c worth. Thank fuck I didn't have the misfortune of seeing them as well but I feel like that about every sort of music so it's not something I get too into thinking about or I'd stop altogether.

"Salutations From The Ghetto Nation", man give it a listen, just one, for me. Promise ya you'll be all full of piss 'n' vinegar and wanting to go down the nearest rock bar and get hammered. I mean if we had rock bars in Ireland. Or any bars for that matter..
Wearing jeans and leather, not crackerjack clothes

Really liked Last Decade Dead Century myself. Last summer I listened to it again a bit. Some of it hasn't aged well but I See The Ruins is a great track. Decent.

The first three Warrior Soul albums are class. Bought them as they came out, still have on vinyl.

That spoken word thing in the middle of it is one of the cheesiest things I've ever heard

Accidentally came across Warrior Soul on the you tube there a few months ago having never heard of them before. listened to a few songs out of interest. If I never hear of them again I won't be too put out about it, not terrible to be fair, but fairly shite.
The few songs I heard wouldn't encourage me to go buying an album like, put it that way.

Judas Priest - Ram it Down

Working my through the catalogue, heard this was one to avoid but I think it's great, certainly better than some of the others that get praised more

Kraft - Twilight Halls of Sorrow

Quote from: son of the Morrigan on July 06, 2021, 02:19:01 PM
Accidentally came across Warrior Soul on the you tube there a few months ago having never heard of them before. listened to a few songs out of interest. If I never hear of them again I won't be too put out about it, not terrible to be fair, but fairly shite.
The few songs I heard wouldn't encourage me to go buying an album like, put it that way.

Ah sure I only got it because the charity shop were doing 6 for a fiver and I was getting desperate. Not a hope I'd have went near it otherwise and if I'd chanced it on youtube I'd never have got past the first track.

Didn't do too bad out of it though, got Best of Rory Gallagher (I don't know any of his stuff), The Beatles White Album (which is surprisingly great), Dark Side of the Moon (lost my old copy), The Prodigy Fat of the Land (some good bits, mostly not great), Nirvana Unplugged (some of it has not aged well) and the Warrior Soul album (cheesy as fuck but a couple of very good tracks).

A good fiver spent. The Beatles album was worth it alone.

Same as most double albums, The White Album, has its fair share of filler but also has some of the greatest songs ever written.

Quote from: astfgyl on July 06, 2021, 01:13:47 PM
That spoken word thing in the middle of it is one of the cheesiest things I've ever heard

Yeah but was it cheesy or cool thirty years ago when it was released? Just sayin' y'know ye gotta rewind the mindset  a bit with these old albums.
Wearing jeans and leather, not crackerjack clothes