Dissection God Of Forbidden Light

#4936 May 01, 2021, 04:51:34 PM Last Edit: May 01, 2021, 05:21:28 PM by londonleatherboy
Winterfylleth - Reckoning Dawn cd
Amorphis - Queen Of Time

Dimmu Borgir - Puritanical Euphoric Misanthropia

Dimmus greatest album and one of my all time favourites.

Kriegsmaschine - Deathdriven

E.

Rome - 'Flowers from Exile'
Toma Zdravkovic - 'Čekaj me'
Skaen - 'Violence'
Melisandre - 'Les Myriades'

Tomahawk - Tonic Immobility

Really good stuff. Best I've heard of Patton in a long time. He sounds like his KFAD self. Music is like Oddfellows but a bit more aggressive.

Quote from: Caomhaoin on May 02, 2021, 07:31:22 AM
Skaen - 'Violence'

You're listening to Toma Zdravkovic?? Come on man, is this for real  :)

Burzum- Belus. I'd never really given this much time before. It's really good but it feels like somebody trying to copy the Burzum style. Definitely worth a few more spins.
Coffin Rot- A Monument To The Dead. As Jordy would say ...BORING!

Quote from: warhead on May 02, 2021, 01:17:53 PM
Skaen - 'Violence'

Da brate , volim Tomu :) Svirajte nocas samo za nju :) Pevaj, hrvatski!

Quote from: Caomhaoin on May 02, 2021, 02:42:32 PM
Quote from: warhead on May 02, 2021, 01:17:53 PM
Skaen - 'Violence'

Da brate , volim Tomu :) Svirajte nocas samo za nju :) Pevaj, hrvatski!

:) In this case, it is pevaj, srpski   :)
You couldn't make something like this up, if someone told me of an Irish guy listening to Toma Zdravkovic, I'd bet my ass it is just a joke   :)
You made my day hahahha.

#4945 May 02, 2021, 05:26:35 PM Last Edit: May 02, 2021, 05:28:44 PM by Caomhaoin
I've also been learning Serbian for a while, and the grammar is so ridiculous with the most annoying case rules in the world  that I've said 'fuck this' and close the  knjiga svaka dan. And you think if you know Serbian you also know Croatian...Not the case!...Say 'zdravo' in Split and they look you like you're mental!

I love Zdravkovic, in fact, I spent a month or more learning the words to that 'Kafana je moja sudbina' just so I could sing it in the 'Kafana' last time I was there.

As you are a Croatian I said pevaj hrvatski, as I'm told he's popular (or was, he is dead a long time) across the balkans, not just with the chetniks. It's not dumb nationalist music like that guy Baja Mala Knidze😂

Quote from: Caomhaoin on May 02, 2021, 05:26:35 PM
I've also been learning Serbian for a while, and the grammar is so ridiculous with the most annoying case rules in the world  that I've said 'fuck this' and close the  knjiga svaka dan. And you think if you know Serbian you also know Croatian...Not the case!...Say 'zdravo' in Split and they look you like you're mental!

I love Zdravkovic, in fact, I spent a month or more learning the words to that 'Kafana je moja sudbina' just so I could sing it in the 'Kafana' last time I was there.

As you are a Croatian I said pevaj hrvatski, as I'm told he's popular (or was, he is dead a long time) across the balkans, not just with the chetniks. It's not dumb nationalist music like that guy Baja Mala Knidze😂

The thing is that Toma Zdravkovic and simmilar is something that my grandma liked to listen, that is why I will always look at it a certain way   :)
There is a huge difference in "folk" music of the years gone by and what is considered as "folk" in the Balkan areas today. The old singers knew how to sing,
the lyrics were good and the musicianship was incredible. That is a fact, even if I am not into listening to this kind of music.
Talking about the differences between Croatian and Serbian language, it is almost the same language, but there are a lot of different words. The thing is that the people growing up in the ex-Yugoslavia knew both the Cro and Serb versions of the same word. For example, rice(riza in Cro, pirinac in Serb), beans(grah in Cro, pasulj in Serb), bread(kruh in Cro, hleb in Serb), etc, etc.......The younger generations usually mostly know just the words used in their own country. But there are a lot of different ways the people talk in such a small country as Croatia, it is strange. It is not just the different dialect, but practically another language with totally different words. And that is another pair of shoes.
There are some words that were widely used by both Croats and Serbs, like Zdravo. But when the war started, Croatians started using a different word to say hi, just to distinguish themselves from the Serbs(bullshit in my opinion). So, if you used the word Zdravo in Split, people were looking at you funny for other reasons, not because they don't understand what does it mean   :)

About the musicianship, those bands of old guys in Serbian pubs come to the table, and for 1000 dinars will play 4 or 5 songs, and they know all those classics, while the table of rakija swilling Serbs sing along. It's amazing, I've never seen anything like it, and it's not just one asshole with an accordion, there are at least 6-8 lads. Sadly Ceca i Leto je and similar horrendous 'music' seems to be more popular there now.

Those ridiculous war songs are really badly produced bullshit, and I guess you could say the same for a lot of Irish rebel music.

Younger Serbs also no longer use cool words like 'drug' which is a pity. Biti ili ne biti, to je pitanje, brate moj :)

Antrisch - Expedition I : Dissonanzgrat

#4949 May 02, 2021, 08:10:30 PM Last Edit: May 02, 2021, 08:12:21 PM by warhead
Quote from: Caomhaoin on May 02, 2021, 06:55:50 PM
About the musicianship, those bands of old guys in Serbian pubs come to the table, and for 1000 dinars will play 4 or 5 songs, and they know all those classics, while the table of rakija swilling Serbs sing along. It's amazing, I've never seen anything like it, and it's not just one asshole with an accordion, there are at least 6-8 lads. Sadly Ceca i Leto je and similar horrendous 'music' seems to be more popular there now.

Those ridiculous war songs are really badly produced bullshit, and I guess you could say the same for a lot of Irish rebel music.

Younger Serbs also no longer use cool words like 'drug' which is a pity. Biti ili ne biti, to je pitanje, brate moj :)

A lot of those guys on the instruments are gypsies. And man...are they killing it!! They just have the music in their blood.
Kafana and it's ambience is something that is very close to my heart. We have(had) a lot of them in my part of Croatia called Slavonia(Slavonia is actually partially in Croatia and partially in Serbia).
Historically, music played in kafanas of my area were tamburasi and they use area specific instruments. The music they play is usually jolly and stuff, but it could be really sad sometimes, especially when playing a kafana late in the night, after a lot of rakija   :)
But not to hijack the tread
Vixen - Love is a Killer is playing at my place right now