Dødheimsgard- 666 International. I've never listened to this album before. It sounds pretty good so far. Similar to the Thorns album with the use of industrial flourishes.

I have to put my hand up and say that I only really know A Umbra Omega, which I think is excellent but I guess is many miles away from where they started. Are they worth a trip through starting from the beginning?

Yep, Kronet Til Konge is cool. Very much a typical sounding Norwegian BM album, but a good one. I have Satanic Art too which I'm less familiar with but sounds decent. Again, way more BM in style than what their later stuff sounds like.

Svartkonst  - Devil's Blood

I think the first and last DHG are the only amazing albums. The others get grating with the industrial bollocks for me.

Metallica - Ride The Lightning
Metallica - Master of Puppets
Crimson Glory - Strange & Beautiful
I'm actually only checking out this last one for the first time. Strange, certainly, and very much of its early 90s time, i.e. nothing like Transcendence. But it definitely has a charm about it, and the vocals are obviously astounding. It definitely merits further listens anyway. Kinda reminds me of the better parts of Chinese Democracy here and there.

Quote from: open face surgery on November 05, 2020, 02:03:13 PM
I think the first and last DHG are the only amazing albums. The others get grating with the industrial bollocks for me.

Finding myself more tolerant of that industrial style.

So far today...
Skáphe - 1
0 - Null and Void
Misþyrming - Söngvar Elds og Oreiðu
Abominor - Opus Decay

Strapping young lad - The New Black

Faceless Burial-Speciation,been spinning this a good bit in recent weeks,must check out their other stuff.

Quote from: Mags on November 03, 2020, 04:57:03 PM
Paysage D'Hiver - Im Wald

Quote from: Scáthach on November 01, 2020, 08:00:21 PM
Svartidauði - Flesh Cathedral
Wormlust - The Feral Wisdom

Very good. Tis the season for icy madness.
Wholly seasonally appropriate. And call me a miserable git, but I am enjoying the fact that it's proper dark by 6 pm at the moment. A lot of black metal just isn't right for listening during daylight hours.  :abbath:

Wormlust have a new one in the works, but I think it's only at the writing recording stage, still, it's something to look forward to in lieu of there being no gigs.

Black Sabbath-Volume 4, Sabotage. Iron Maiden-Killers, Seventh Son of a Seventh Son.

Repulsion - Horrified

Old Man's Child- The Pagan Prosperity.