So far today..
Almyrkvi - Pupil of the Searing Maelstrom
Acherontas / Sliðhr - Split
Serpent Column - Mirror in Darkness

Quote from: Black Shepherd Carnage on October 30, 2020, 12:28:14 AM
Quote from: ldj on October 30, 2020, 12:22:40 AM
Quote from: ldj on October 30, 2020, 12:08:36 AM
Elder - Omens
This album has finally clicked for me, I was a bit disappointed when it came out but for whatever reason (just being the right amount of drunk maybe) it's hitting the spot tonight.

I still think the vocal melodies and their place in the mix could be better but the instrumentals are great.

Haven't actually listened to this yet, so I've lined it up for tomorrow's playlist, nice one. Always enjoy Reflections of a Floating World when I listen to it, without ever having been floored by it all the same.

Not really doing it for me today. A little too easy on the ears or something. "I mean, Led Zeppelin didn't write tunes that everyone liked. They left that to Elder" kinda easy.

Carcass - Surgical Steel
Mercyful Fate - Don't Break the Oath.
King Diamond - Abigail
Scary stuff for Halloween!

Stvannyr - Valley of shadows

Emperor - Reverence
Emperor - Wrath of the Tyrants

Dublin Guitar Quartet: NPR Music Tiny Desk

https://youtu.be/8Lh1IWgUvpU

Old Mans Child -Ill natured spiritual invasion.
Type o negative - October Rust.
Alcest -Spiritual Instinct.
Agalloch -Ashes Against The Grain.
Primordial -A Journeys End.

Quote from: Black Shepherd Carnage on October 30, 2020, 11:10:29 PM
Quote from: Black Shepherd Carnage on October 30, 2020, 12:28:14 AM
Quote from: ldj on October 30, 2020, 12:22:40 AM
Quote from: ldj on October 30, 2020, 12:08:36 AM
Elder - Omens
This album has finally clicked for me, I was a bit disappointed when it came out but for whatever reason (just being the right amount of drunk maybe) it's hitting the spot tonight.

I still think the vocal melodies and their place in the mix could be better but the instrumentals are great.

Haven't actually listened to this yet, so I've lined it up for tomorrow's playlist, nice one. Always enjoy Reflections of a Floating World when I listen to it, without ever having been floored by it all the same.

Not really doing it for me today. A little too easy on the ears or something. "I mean, Led Zeppelin didn't write tunes that everyone liked. They left that to Elder" kinda easy.
I was mad for Elder for a few years there, up to the release of "Reflections..." anyway, which was still great but not as great as their earlier stuff.  The new album just didn't do it for me whatsoever unfortunately.  Still think it's mostly the vocals but yeah it's also very tame.

Swans and The Haxan Cloak collaborate...

Listen to Red Dead Online: Avatar by RockstarGames on #SoundCloud
https://soundcloud.app.goo.gl/Hu1f

Svartidauði - The Temple of Deformation
Rebirth of Nefast / Sliðhr - Ex Nihilio

Stygian Temple - In the Sign of the Five Angles

Skaldr - Scythe of our errors

Sühnopfer - Hic Regnant Borbonii Manes

Frantic Bleep - The Sense Apparatus

Remember this one? Stumbled upon it while moving music folders around, haven't thought about it in an age. A fairly odd album for sure, something like Aghora or Gordian Knot but with an Ihsahn-a-like on vocals.