Of Feather and Bone - Entropic Self Immolation

First track released from their new album out in November, sounds like the album is going to be crushing

Tygers of Pan Tang - Spellbound
Savage - Loose n Lethal

Quote from: Melmoth on September 14, 2020, 10:04:39 PM
Of Feather and Bone - Entropic Self Immolation

First track released from their new album out in November, sounds like the album is going to be crushing

Thanks for the heads up! Sounds deadly.

Carpathian Forest- Morbid Fascination Of Death. Jazzy!!

Ravencult - Force of Profanation

Nine Inch Nails - EP Trilogy.

Bad Witch is very ugly.

I don't think he's released anything worth hearing since Year Zero TBH, including his soundtracks with Atticus Ross (who's much better on his own, the soundtrack for The Book Of Eli is amazing).

The only NIN album I can't get on board with is YZ, despite the outstanding work on the ARG and the prophetic concept. Some good tracks on it, but the full album leaves me wanting. I feel he did well with the three EPs without getting to the dizzy heights of the likes of The Downward Spiral and The Fragile.

The soundtracks took me a long time to appreciate but they have grown on me over the years

Accept - Breaker
Kvaen - The Funeral Pyre

Quote from: astfgyl on September 15, 2020, 10:01:32 PM
The only NIN album I can't get on board with is YZ, despite the outstanding work on the ARG and the prophetic concept. Some good tracks on it, but the full album leaves me wanting. I feel he did well with the three EPs without getting to the dizzy heights of the likes of The Downward Spiral and The Fragile.

The soundtracks took me a long time to appreciate but they have grown on me over the years

With Teeth and Year Zero are both filler-heavy, they could be edited into a decent album IMO. The Slip had one or 2 decent tracks but Hesitation Marks, the Ghost albums and those EPs are nigh on unlistenable for me. Just nothing there to get my teeth into. Pairing with Atticus Ross was a mistake, those soundtracks all sound interchangeable and are too long. Kinda matches Fincher's decline too.

Quote from: Carnage on September 15, 2020, 10:46:21 PM

With Teeth and Year Zero are both filler-heavy, they could be edited into a decent album IMO. The Slip had one or 2 decent tracks but Hesitation Marks, the Ghost albums and those EPs are nigh on unlistenable for me. Just nothing there to get my teeth into. Pairing with Atticus Ross was a mistake, those soundtracks all sound interchangeable and are too long. Kinda matches Fincher's decline too.

That's pretty much spot on.

Quote from: Emphyrio on September 16, 2020, 07:53:31 AM
Quote from: Carnage on September 15, 2020, 10:46:21 PM

That's pretty much spot on.
Not a chance lads.  I'll agree on the soundtracks - all very similar though I do like them - but calling anything past YZ unlistenable is harsh.  After his peak era (TDS and Fragile) it drops off significantly, with YZ and The Slip being disappointingly weak, but Ghosts I-IV are absolutely class and Hesitation Marks and the EPs are him in great form.