Forbidden Temple/ Ultima Thule split.
Old Man's Child- The Pagan Prosperity
Temple of the Dog

Quote from: Eoin McLove on January 11, 2019, 02:46:24 PM

Old Man's Child- The Pagan Prosperity

Have always loved this album!

It's one of those albums that brings me right back to being a teenager.  I bought it on a school trip in Belgium so there are nice memories attached to it.  Plus, it's just savage.  The perfect balance of viciousness and melody.

Quote from: Eoin McLove on January 11, 2019, 02:54:18 PM
It's one of those albums that brings me right back to being a teenager.  I bought it on a school trip in Belgium so there are nice memories attached to it.  Plus, it's just savage.  The perfect balance of viciousness and melody.

Yeah same as that total nostalgia, galders melodies are something else. And his vocals are excellent. I think he supported cradle of filth with this album. Around the time that "living with the enemy" programme was on BBC. When a parent confronted Dani and co  ;D

Yep,  I was at that gig.  Got a free ticket to the second night but didn't go.  I remember that mad tv show.  Entertaining madness!

Quote from: Eoin McLove on January 11, 2019, 03:40:41 PM
Yep,  I was at that gig.  Got a free ticket to the second night but didn't go.  I remember that mad tv show.  Entertaining madness!

Ah very jealous, would have loved to hear that album live. Haha very entertaining !

Turning this over several times today (4th play now):
Rotting Christ - Theogonia

Been spinning early Nightfall albums the last few days,such a killer band back in the 90s.

Undergang,another band  ive relly started to get into in recent months.

Yeah same as that total nostalgia, galders melodies are something else. And his vocals are excellent. I think he supported cradle of filth with this album. Around the time that "living with the enemy" programme was on BBC. When a parent confronted Dani and co  ;D[/quote]

"Hello ma you whore of Satan"  :laugh:
I'd say that lad got some shlap off his mother after it was aired.  :laugh: :laugh:

Quote from: Kurt Cocaine on January 12, 2019, 11:16:37 AM

Yeah same as that total nostalgia, galders melodies are something else. And his vocals are excellent. I think he supported cradle of filth with this album. Around the time that "living with the enemy" programme was on BBC. When a parent confronted Dani and co  ;D

"Hello ma you whore of Satan"  :laugh:
I'd say that lad got some shlap off his mother after it was aired.  :laugh: :laugh:
[/quote]

:laugh: :laugh:

Quote from: Pentagrimes on January 11, 2019, 10:16:46 AM
Miscarriage - Imminent Horror. Early runner for "most disgusting record of 2019". It's like Reek era Carcass covering Noothgrush at half the speed in a sewer.

Will be chrcking this out. Nice one Jamie.

Lately been spinning Cult leader's A patient man. So, so good. The mix of chaotic aggression and dark post-punk melody is brilliant.

#191 January 13, 2019, 03:50:37 PM Last Edit: January 14, 2019, 02:14:41 PM by Pentagrimes
I'm in 2 minds about that CL. The heavy stuff is great, but the melodic stuff is very samey and I don't think his clean voice has the character or power to make it work yet. I salute them trying though.

Black Sabbath - Sabbath Bloody Sabbath

They must have been on some amazing drugs making this. It's so diverse and expansive. Genius.

Dimmu Borgir - Storm Blast