I listen to Emissaries from time to time and usually enjoy it, was never an album that wowed me as much as I was expecting it to though.

I'll have to dive in to their back catalogue.  Knowing my own tastes,  going to their demos first might yield results.

Quote from: Eoin McLove on May 10, 2020, 11:15:53 PM
Nocternity- Harps of the Ancient Temples

This awaits me at work. Post arrived just after I left on Friday. Such a class album.

Yeah it's the business.

Unleashed- Dawn Of The Nine. Perfect for the home pump!

NIN - Further Down The Spiral

A real trip of an album in its' own right. I used to see it as just a collection of remixes (which it is) but taken as its' own thing it's great. I haven't listened to the original album in a few months so that helps.  Might be more for the electronic music thread but it sort of falls between the 2 stools

Burzum- Hliđskjalf

Gojira- From Mars to Sirius ,been a while since i put it on,some absolutely monster tracks on there!

Black Sabbath (featuring Tony Iommi) - Seventh Star

Drug fuelled craziness but there are still some great songs on here. They loved reverb almost as much as they loved cocaine back then.

That 'Onyx' by Nocternity. Mighty.

Satyricon- 'Nemesis Divina'. I never got into this for some reason despite thinking that 'Mother North' is one of the best black metal songs ever written. Going to lob the CD in the car on the morning and see if it grows on me.

Quote from: astfgyl on May 07, 2020, 11:17:37 PM
J.G. Thirlwell & Simon Steensland - Oscillospira

Brilliant.
May possibly be AOTY.  Absolutely ridiculous.

Quote from: Eoin McLove on May 12, 2020, 10:03:59 PM
Satyricon- 'Nemesis Divina'. I never got into this for some reason despite thinking that 'Mother North' is one of the best black metal songs ever written. Going to lob the CD in the car on the morning and see if it grows on me.

It's a great great album. Made all the better when you know mother north is coming up!!
I love how deranged rebel extravaganza is after it!

#1528 May 13, 2020, 05:30:16 PM Last Edit: May 13, 2020, 06:18:23 PM by Paul keohane
Spent the day painting so got through a bit.

Unleashed-where no life dwells
Unleashed- shadows in the deep.
Entombed- Wolverine blues
Cruciamentum- Charnel Passages
Grave Miasna-Exalted Emanation

The last two possibly the best DM albums to come out of the UK since the glory days.

Slayer - Show No Mercy

Make Them Die Slowly - Ferox
(Mick Kenney's latest project)