Watching this Metallica show from 1983,  in their day they really were something special.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Npq9sYp_QtU

Lord Belial-Enter the Moonlight Gate, Tankard-One Foot in the Grave, Amorphis-The Karelian Isthmus.

The Abominable Iron Sloth - s/t

A very heavy thing. Shame the follow up was so shite.

Quote from: Eoin McLove on May 11, 2020, 09:02:56 AM
Melechesh- Sphynx. Haven't listened to this in years but have had an urge to revisit it lately due to listening to a bit of Absu. Savage stuff. Are their other albums any good? This is the only one I ever checked out and despite thinking it was cool I never went any further with them.

They haven't released a bad note to be honest. Sphynx is amazing with Djinn not too far behind. The debut is fine, just not a fully developed sound.
Proscriptor really added some magic to the music at that time.

Been listening to a lot of Absu as well lately, The Third Storm of Cythrául, In the Eyes of Ioldánach and Tara.

This morning...

AIR RAID "Danger Ahead" and "Night of the Axe"

#1535 May 14, 2020, 10:40:53 AM Last Edit: May 14, 2020, 10:52:12 AM by Eoin McLove
Quote from: Pagan Waltar on May 14, 2020, 10:22:10 AM
Quote from: Eoin McLove on May 11, 2020, 09:02:56 AM
Melechesh- Sphynx. Haven't listened to this in years but have had an urge to revisit it lately due to listening to a bit of Absu. Savage stuff. Are their other albums any good? This is the only one I ever checked out and despite thinking it was cool I never went any further with them.

They haven't released a bad note to be honest. Sphynx is amazing with Djinn not too far behind. The debut is fine, just not a fully developed sound.
Proscriptor really added some magic to the music at that time.

Been listening to a lot of Absu as well lately, The Third Storm of Cythrául, In the Eyes of Ioldánach and Tara.

Cool.  Must check out Djinn and the other stuff at some point. I only recently bought Tara, and it's great. Despite always liking what I'd heard by Absu, and seeing them live years ago,  I never got around to buying anything.  I think the link with Zemial put me in mind of them and I'm enjoying discovering their back catalogue now.  'Barathrum VITRIOL' arrived yesterday but I haven't had a chance to listen to it yet.  I believe it's more of a transitional album between the death metal of the demos and their celtic/black/thrash stuff.

Np. VBE- 'Written in Waters'. Beauty.

Godflesh - Streetcleaner.

Can't emphasise enough how good it is, although I often try.

Pure is going on next. A masterpiece as well

Abigail Williams - Walk Beyond the Dark. A band I never listened to before but gave this a shot last year on a whim, really enjoying it.

http://blood-music.bandcamp.com/album/walk-beyond-the-dark

On a Kreator vinyl buzz this evening: Endless Pain, Flag Of Hate EP and now Extreme Agression. I suspect it won't be changing to Coma of Souls for a while yet as EA is such a powerful record. Those riffs and vokills, still has it 31 years later  8)

And a perfect production job too.

Quote from: astfgyl on May 14, 2020, 07:55:35 PM
Godflesh - Streetcleaner.

Can't emphasise enough how good it is, although I often try.

The remastered version is brilliant too, as is the live version.

Now playing: Havok: V. A contender for album of the year, it's bloody fantastic.

The remastered one is my go-to these days it has some kick to it. I've only heard the live version a couple of times but it sounds great.

Absu- 'Barathrum VITRIOL'. This is savage. I wasn't sure what I'd make of this one having read that it's a transitional album from their death metal demo material to the black metal style they became known for, but it's brilliant. There's so much to absorb but it all sits together perfectly. I love the production too.

Morbid Angel - Covenant