Entombed - wolverine blues

#916 November 05, 2019, 11:27:41 PM Last Edit: November 05, 2019, 11:29:30 PM by Nail_Bombed
Been spinning the Baroness - First and Second EPs in the car recently. Coeur is a great tune. Not heard much of their stuff beyond the Red Album though.

Also the whole of Killing Joke - ST 2003, the one with Dave Grohl. That album's a banger.

Alcest - Spiritual Instinct

Somewhat simlar to the usual Alcest style, but different enough to make it interesting. I've had it on a few times and I'm enjoying it so far.

https://alcest.bandcamp.com/album/spiritual-instinct

Agnostic Front - early albums.  These boyos are on our shores next week.  Might make it.

Grave Miasma-Exalted Emanation ,one of my favouritr DM albums to come out of the UK.

Good call.  Haven't listened to it in years.  I think the last EP they released was their pinnacle but I enjoy all of their records.

Van Halen - Women and Children First

Nowhere near as weak as Diver Down but still noticably poorer than the rest of the Diamond Dave stuff. It's alright from time to time, though.

Faith no More - Sol Invictus. Starting to reach for this a lot more if I'm in the mood for FNM. Not as good as their best stuff (Angel Dust and King for a Day) but I'd take it over the Mosley era and AOTY

Quote from: Trev on November 07, 2019, 09:38:22 AM
Faith no More - Sol Invictus. Starting to reach for this a lot more if I'm in the mood for FNM. Not as good as their best stuff (Angel Dust and King for a Day) but I'd take it over the Mosley era and AOTY

I still love it. Absolutely no way it's better than the Mosely stuff though. Related: Patton is possibly doing a record with Goblin next, mind blown.

Listened to the Black Curse demo on the way to work. What a load of shit.

Last thing listened: Raging Speedhorn - Halfway To Hell.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2bPXQfYcOS0 . Didn't reckon they were still going - they still sound the same as ever, which is to say a more radio friendly version of Iron Monkey. Not terrible but not great. Used to like them more back in the day.

Quickly moved on to this. Murder One - Onscreen Rapist.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rq8GbllG1r8

Quote from: Pentagrimes on November 07, 2019, 09:44:15 AM
Quote from: Trev on November 07, 2019, 09:38:22 AM

I still love it. Absolutely no way it's better than the Mosely stuff though. Related: Patton is possibly doing a record with Goblin next, mind blown.

Listened to the Black Curse demo on the way to work. What a load of shit.

First time hearing about Black Curse.  I listened to a song and a half from the demo on YouTube and it's not exactly a load of shit,  it's just completely ordinary.  That's my problem with so much death metal I'm hearing these days; I find it hard to distinguish one band from another. Ten years ago the DM scene was so vibrant and exciting but the handful of bands you could name back then as leading the pack are probably the same few bands who stand out today,  with one or two exceptions.

Hey Nail Bombed, are you writing for Aversionline now??

Quote from: Pentagrimes on November 07, 2019, 11:25:38 AM
Hey Nail Bombed, are you writing for Aversionline now??

Nah, just thought I'd stick it in my signature as a form of giving people a look at it - been going there for a while (since around 2003 or so) to check out new stuff. If it's looked upon as outside advertising I'll remove it, no worries.

Dead Kennedys- Bedtime For Democracy

Not many seem to appreciate this one from DK but it's full of great songs, 'One way ticket to Pluto' is amazing.

Quote from: leatherface on November 08, 2019, 12:19:33 AM
Dead Kennedys- Bedtime For Democracy

Not many seem to appreciate this one from DK but it's full of great songs, 'One way ticket to Pluto' is amazing.

My favourite DK album. Christ they really were an incredible band in their day.