Rainbow Rising, Stargazer is pretty much the perfect song,  always end up going back to it two or three times before listening to the rest of the album

#826 October 08, 2019, 08:20:43 PM Last Edit: October 08, 2019, 08:53:10 PM by Black Shepherd Carnage
Quote from: Juggz on October 08, 2019, 07:22:48 PM
Aerosmith - Permanent Vacation

I've never been much of an Aerosmith fan but the three albums with the Little Mountain sound are doing it for me right now.

3 greats alright, and Permanent could even be their best of all. But Rocks, Toys In The Attic, all the early stuff is absolutely class too.

Yeah, I might have to go collecting the old stuff.

Robert Plant - Now and Zen

Have always tended to ignore his solo output. That will be getting rectified as I'm really enjoying this.

That album is absolutely bet with 80s, but some good tunes alright. Dreamland and Mighty Rearranger are really great albums all round though.

Morbid Angel - Blessed Are The Sick

I still listen to this a lot and, every now and then, the sheer scope of it hits me. There is so much going on throughout this, it's amazingly inspired and easily the greatest thing they ever released.

Vermin Womb - 'Decline'.

Quote from: Juggz on October 09, 2019, 12:47:12 PM
Morbid Angel - Blessed Are The Sick

I still listen to this a lot and, every now and then, the sheer scope of it hits me. There is so much going on throughout this, it's amazingly inspired and easily the greatest thing they ever released.

Weirdly while it has a couple of my favourite tunes of theirs (the title track and "Fall From Grace" particularly), this is to my ears the weakest of their first 4 albums/Earache run nowadays.

Quote from: Black Shepherd Carnage on October 09, 2019, 12:24:47 PM
That album is absolutely bet with 80s, but some good tunes alright. Dreamland and Mighty Rearranger are really great albums all round though.

Cheers. Will check them out.

PANPHOBIA
This is a new death metal band from France/ Belgium.
The style is very influenced by the old Swedish death metal from the early years.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6M3JxYJQsag

Some Death demos, specifically the songs from Human recorded with the Spiritual Healing rhythm section.

They actually work. See Through Dreams sounds like it came straight off Leprosy and Together As One almost sounds like Possessed...

As fun as they are, Human is my all time favourite record and that is in part due to the players (especially Sean Reinert) and the style, which just ain't happening here.

Listening again to Tomb Mold. Check this band out if you are into death metal.

Love Blessed are the Sick also.  Probably that and Altars of Madness are in my top 5 death metal of all time along with Cause of Death, Beneath the Remains and Necroticism .

I've always found the first four MA albums to be overrated. Vincent always came across as a bit twee (in death metal terms) and Sandoval's drumming is utterly one note.

Much prefer Gateways to Annihilation to any of their other records.

Quote from: Ducky on October 10, 2019, 12:10:03 AM
I've always found the first four MA albums to be overrated. Vincent always came across as a bit twee (in death metal terms) and Sandoval's drumming is utterly one note.

Much prefer Gateways to Annihilation to any of their other records.
I like Gateways,solid DM album,but come on!Their first 4 albums are essential if your a DM fan.