Cro Mags the Age of Quarrel

Lvcifyre - 'Sacrament' EP.

Sacramentary Abolishment- 'River of Corticone'. The CD arrived from Invictus today.  Savage stuff indeed.  Pre- Axis of Advance gear and they essentially sound like the same band but with more doom parts mixed in. I love the production. It's condensed as Hell, thick and dry and really brutal. I wonder is it possible to capture that very 90s sound these days? It sounds like all the mids have been scooped out and no reverb has been applied anywhere to open up the tones.  It's a similar effect I hear on Solstice's 'Lamentations' and Warning's 'The Strength to Dream'. I suppose it's similar in a way to 'Stream from the Heavens' as well.  I find myself more and more intrigued by these old imperfect productions.

Autopsy - Mental Funeral, makes me want to dance!

Drawing down the Apocalypse on the West coast with some classic Polish DM from the vaults..

Dragon - Fallen Angel

Pretty unique sounding album, ahead of it's time I'd say.

'mon ta fuk Lorenzo
Wearing jeans and leather, not crackerjack clothes

The Vicious Head Society - Abject Tomorrow

Daath - The hinderers.  Still think this holds up, enjoy it every time I spin it.

Elder - Lore. Have to be in a certain mood for it but a cool CD.

Bolt Thrower - ...For victory. Never a Hugh fan. Find most of their stuff far too samey this is about their best, for me.

#802 October 05, 2019, 08:52:04 AM Last Edit: October 05, 2019, 09:40:03 AM by Eoin McLove
Thergothon- 'Fhtagn-nagh Yog-Sothoth'
Decomposed- 'The Funeral Obsession'
My Dying Bride- 'As the Flower Withers'

Acid Reign - The Age of Entitlement

This'll do very nicely indeed.

Propaghandi - Failed States.   Absolute corker from beginning to end.

Infestus -  The Reflecting  Void.

This, to say the least, is not your standard one man black metal outfit. Quality stuff.

Cream - Disraeli Gears
Masters of Reality - Sunrise on the Sufferbus
Blind Faith - s/t

R.I.P. Ginger Baker, you mad, mad bastard.

Tool - Fear Inoculum
But the opening of Culling Voices has made me want to listen to the far superior...
Urfaust - Empty Space Meditation

I'm still listening to Fear Inoculum twice a day. So much to get out of it.

In between that, it has been pretty much a solid diet of Type O Negative, since the leaves started falling off the trees.