Mad Season - Above
Alice In Chains - Rainier Fog

Despite being underwhelmed with Rainier Fog when it came out, it's hitting the spot this morning.

A lot of old school death metal lately.

Ritual Necromancy
Vastum
Bastard Grave

Bastard Grave-'Diorama of human suffering' is an exceptional  album ,get on it if you havent checked it out.

#677 August 27, 2019, 06:12:00 PM Last Edit: August 27, 2019, 09:27:30 PM by Scáthach
Bit of an Irish buzz lately,
Dread sovereign, All Hell's Martyrs
Zom, Flesh Assimilation (still fierce)
Malthusian, Below the Hengiform
Vircolac, Cursed Travails... EP
Dread Sovereign, For Doom the Bell Tolls
Coscradh, Of Death and Delirium (vicious)
All enjoyed yesterday, today started with Malthusian, Across Deaths (class) and later I'll give Vircolac, Masque a belated first listen. Buy local  :)

Listening to some Hellenic metal.
Cult of Eibon - Lycan Twilight Sorcery
Funeral Scorn - Arcane Mysteries

Sulphur Aeon - "Gateway to the Antisphere".

#680 August 29, 2019, 12:05:38 PM Last Edit: August 30, 2019, 08:40:28 PM by Thorn
Doomsword - s/t .

2011 since the last one from these heathens?
Wearing jeans and leather, not crackerjack clothes

Vordr- s/t
Kringa- Feast Upon the Gleam

Quote from: Eoin McLove on August 29, 2019, 01:55:19 PM
Vordr- s/t
Kringa- Feast Upon the Gleam

Not familiar with these bands
Gave that Vordr a listen sounds deadly will have to check out kringa  tommorow

Both are decent but I think they both lack a bit of darkness.  They are catchy in their own right and have things to get excited about but, for me,  the new Funereal Presence album has made most other new BM albums I've checked out feel a bit ordinary.

Realm - "Endless War".

Have always enjoyed this but in the last few years it's really cemented itself as a banger. One of the most underrated releases of the 80s.

Chevalier- Destiny Calls.  Only familiarizing myself with this having received it in the post earlier in the week.  It sounds decent but I don't think they have managed to top the demo with either this or the EP from a couple of years ago.  There's no super catchy standout moments but maybe it'll grow on me.

Askeregn- Monumenter. Haven't listened to this is ages.  Simple,  direct,  vicious and catchy in its way.  Savage record.

Macabre Omen- 'Gods of War - At War'

The new Surya record is class.

Quote from: Ducky on August 30, 2019, 03:47:54 PM
Realm - "Endless War".

Have always enjoyed this but in the last few years it's really cemented itself as a banger. One of the most underrated releases of the 80s.

Fuck yeah. "Slay The Opressor" is such a genius song. Only finally got round to giving "Suiciety" a proper revisit recently and it didn't hold up for me tbh.

This weekend's birthday boys:
Atheist - Piece of Time (now 30)
Mastodon - Leviathan (a mere shrimp at 15)