This morning's walk to work was the Cerebral Rot lp finally, Absolutely deadly stuff, love the little chorus effect thrown in on the leads from time to time. Gave a track from the Rothadas demo a go as well, sounded whopper.

#691 September 04, 2019, 09:54:17 AM Last Edit: September 04, 2019, 10:36:40 AM by Eoin McLove
Wyrd- Heathen.  This is one I bought years ago and never gave a lot of time to.  It jumped out at me this morning while scanning the CD shelves looking for something for the car.  Time to reacquaint myself with it. Seems good so far.

Edit: this is excellent.  One fifty-something minute long song that shifts through all manner of movements. Lo-fi production values and the occasional shoddy clean vocal,  catchy epic riffs,  occasional tuneful (and in tune!) clean vocal,  subtly applied symphonic elements,  acoustic guitar parts... I can see this getting a bit of attention in the coming weeks. 

Soundgarden - Screaming Life/Fopp & Ultramega OK

Glorious

Took a quick break from the Tool album last night and put on 2 new Opeth tunes on youtube. I reckon the album is going to be great if these 2 are anything to go by. Sounds like they went all out for this. Really good.

That's my impression too; I'd go so far as to say that I enjoyed the two tracks despite myself.

Well I had totally given up on them for years and that happened me with the last album, that I liked it despite myself, and these 2 tracks sound like a step up from that again.

Physical Graffiti by LedZep.
Great stuff. Bought Remasters when I was young and had tge first 4  albums but did get beyond that til now

Still listening to

Lingua Ignota - Caligula

Still one of the most powerful and intense listens I've had in a while.

Tool - Fear Inoculum... still enjoying this, it's definitely a grower.
The Armed - untitled...had completely and perhaps undeservedly dismissed these guys as "hardcore for pitchfork readers" but this appeared on my Spotify today and pleasantly surprised me.

It totally is "hardcore for pitchfork readers" though. Only without the "hardcore" bit*.
The back story is interesting/hilarious though, regardless of my feelings about the music. It's Kurt Ballou's brainchild yes?

(*Disclaimer: I realise everyone on this board seems to have different grasps of what constitutes hardcore, so this is just me being a cheeky fucker)

Not familiar with the backstory, and was only aware of Ballou's involvement as a producer.

Primordial- Exile Amongst the Ruins.  Still completely bowled over by this album.  Every song is unique and powerful in its own right and the production is just incredible.  After a lull in creativity across the two releases that preceded it,  I'm hoping this isn't a fluke.  I hope the next album doesn't simply try to recapture the magic on this album either and they find another wellspring of inspiration because wherever this came from it was a huge surprise.

#703 September 05, 2019, 11:40:58 AM Last Edit: September 05, 2019, 11:48:43 AM by Pentagrimes
This morning's commute was the new Ignivomous. Seemed a bit disjointed on first listen. lots of decent riffs but they don't flow into each other the way good songs need them to.. but we'll see.

Also bits of Wool's "Box Set" and "Budspawn". So underrated. Ex Scream, pre Goatsnake

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OQCZrNp94Cw

Tomb Mold - planetary clairvoyance.  Heard a lot about this band.