Morbid Angel - Covenant
MALTHUSIAN - Demo
PORTAL - Swarth
DsO - Fas
Cryptopsy - None So Vile
Funeral Mist - Salvation

Cruciamentum - Convocation Of Crawling Chaos
Pestilength - Basom Gryphos

Didn't have to engage my brain at all yesterday in work, so it was autopilot and tunes - plus some Overkill when I did some lunchtime gardening.

The Wizards - The Exit Garden
Voodoo Kiss - Feel The Curse
Tower Hill - Deathstalker
Mayhem - Live in Sarpsborg
Medieval Steel - Medieval Steel
Overkill - Horrorscope
Scald - Ancient Doom Metal
Magnum - The Serpent Rings
Emperor - In The Nightside Eclipse

DECEASED - The Blueprints For Madness
DECEASED - Supernatural Addiction
NECROPHAGIA - Cannibal Holocaust
SAVAGE GRACE - Master Of Disguise
DIO - Dream Evil
OBITUARY - Dying Of Everything
SAXON - The Eagle Has Landed

Mooncitadel - Night's Scarlet Symphonies
Witch Vomit - Funeral Sanctum
Abysmalist - Reflections Of Horror
Marduk - Memento Mori

soundtracking an inredibly headmelting work morning:
Voivod - Killing Technology
Celtic Frost - To Mega Therion
Kreator - Pleasure to Kill
Slayer - Reign in Blood

If only I still had my old vinyl copies of "Obsessessed by Cruelty" and "Leave Scars"..

now moving onto Horrifying "Dreadful Parasomnia". I'm about 40 seconds in and it's lethal

Had Horrifying on yesterday. Good stuff alright.

Yeah, Horrifying is quality gear, suspected you might be a fan!

Going on a Chilean dm deep dive now for the afternoon i'd say - currently listening to Inanna's "Converging Ages" and I can't believe I haven't heard of this band before, it's fucking incredible.  Kinda what I wanted the last Chasm album to be

Have given the new Invocation a few cursory spins lately but finding it a bit hit and miss, some good stuff on there but it's a bit more 80s than I'd like. I want to like it more than I actually do.

Have Uttertomb, Infamovs and Insurrexion lined up for later - all been on the list to spend a bit of time with for a while, so today is the day.

Inanna are unreal. Void of Unending Depths is one of the best death metal albums of recent years.

#14424 September 24, 2024, 12:27:40 PM Last Edit: September 24, 2024, 01:07:13 PM by Pentagrimes
Holy fuck. I'm listening to "void of undending depths" now and it's spectacular.

This is genuinely revelatory stuff. Absolutely perfect.

Tracking down a physical copy right now.

Quote from: Maggot Colony on September 24, 2024, 12:08:55 PMInanna are unreal. Void of Unending Depths is one of the best death metal albums of recent years.

Never heard of this band before now. This feels like hearing Morbid Angel for the first time.
It's that level of holy shit

Must give that a go.

My recent Dolorian binge put me in the mood for (vaguely) similar stuff, so today:

Skepticism - Lead and Aether
Skepticism - Stormcrowfleet

Also giving these Inanna chaps a whirl, and that's some spicy sauce for sure.

Particularly impressed with the song "Underdimensional"

Uttertomb sounds great but it ran out of steam for me. Infamovs had a similar fate. They nail the sound but it doesn't have a lot of replay value. New Invocation is savage. More 80s please.

Have dipped in and out of Inanna but will go again. Remember there being something missing.

With all that said, these bands are far closer to what I want from death metal than most of the bands that are championed these days.