Witch Vomit - Funeral Sanctum!.Been one of my favourite albums this year!

#14401 September 21, 2024, 05:25:13 AM Last Edit: September 21, 2024, 05:26:50 AM by Mithrandir
Quote from: Eoin McLove on September 20, 2024, 11:46:04 PM
Quote from: Carnage on September 20, 2024, 01:33:57 PM
Quote from: Eoin McLove on September 20, 2024, 12:56:15 PMI had Sodom- In The Sign of Evil/Obsessed by Cruelty on earlier. Buzzing of this CD these days in a way I never did before , but fucked if I can make sense of the tracklist. The songs appear to be jumbled up.

There are unlisted intro and outro tracks on some copies of the EP, maybe that's what's messing it up? There are also two recorded versions of the album, different pressings have different versions and I think the tracklists don't always correspond to the actual content.

I would like to obj both up separately on vinyl and Obsessed came in to my local record store this week... $220! Fuck that. I'll keep an eye out for repressed.

Fuck that, I don't know how metalblade haven't kept this in press. I have the Wax Maniac DLP but that was the last official press of OBC and In the Sign of Evil which was 8 years ago. I'm on the hunt for a copy of In the Sign but that goes for mad money too. I'm sure it's licensing but I don't know how releases sit on the shelf for years without a reissue, especially stuff like this that would sell like hot cakes.

Rotting Christ - Pro Xristou
Iron Maiden - Seventh Son
Opprobrium - Serpent Temptation

Quote from: Paul keohane on September 21, 2024, 04:36:06 AMWitch Vomit - Funeral Sanctum!.Been one of my favourite albums this year!

Same here, killer Death Metal
Wearing jeans and leather, not crackerjack clothes

Quote from: Paul keohane on September 21, 2024, 04:36:06 AMWitch Vomit - Funeral Sanctum!.Been one of my favourite albums this year!

Absolute beast of an album! Will definitely be in my top 5 of the year.

Quote from: Black Shepherd Carnage on September 20, 2024, 07:24:02 PMBy far, you say. Cool, will make a note of it, cheers!

They've only the three albums and they're all decent, but Naraka tells it like it is, Cabinet is an absolute stormer :abbath:

Very Cannibal Corpse with a sprinkling of extra flourishes to my ears. Enjoyed it, but still wouldn't be my personal kind of turn-to in terms of either DM or tech DM.

Black Sabbath- the one with the gimpy cover with the chick with the wings with the whatever... you know what I mean. Decent album bar the artwork, actually.

Quote from: Eoin McLove on September 22, 2024, 01:12:52 AMBlack Sabbath- the one with the gimpy cover with the chick with the wings with the whatever... you know what I mean. Decent album bar the artwork, actually.

Genuinely no idea.

#14409 September 22, 2024, 03:05:56 AM Last Edit: September 22, 2024, 04:05:34 AM by Eoin McLove
Quote from: Carnage on September 22, 2024, 01:27:08 AM
Quote from: Eoin McLove on September 22, 2024, 01:12:52 AMBlack Sabbath- the one with the gimpy cover with the chick with the wings with the whatever... you know what I mean. Decent album bar the artwork, actually.

Genuinely no idea.

Cross Purposes. I should have  mentioned the alligator.

Quote from: Black Shepherd Carnage on September 22, 2024, 12:41:34 AMVery Cannibal Corpse with a sprinkling of extra flourishes to my ears. Enjoyed it, but still wouldn't be my personal kind of turn-to in terms of either DM or tech DM.

CC with an extra widdly bit or two is spot on! Pat O'Brien guests on one of their albums (possibly the second one, if memory serves).

I've seen them compared directly to Necrophagist, and as someone who has listened to Epitaph more than has had hot dinners, I just cannot hear that at all (even with SoP gaining Christian Muenzner for Incurso).

NP - All this tech chat has made me fire on Anata - Under a Stone With No Inscription over brekkie. Lovely :abbath:

Had a bit of a Maiden day... Think it will be a while before I put Book of Souls on again.   

Iron Maiden - The Book of Souls
Iron Maiden - No Prayer for the Dying
Iron Maiden - Brave New World

Desecresy - Towards Nebulae
Mortal Decay - Forensic

Selim Lemouchi & His Enimies - Earth Air Spirit Water Fire
Never bothered with this before but it's hitting the spot. Plenty of Pink Floyd homage going on.

Krisiun - Black Force Domain
Invocation - The Archaic Sanctuary

Never checked out that Selim one either. Must give it a go.