Just playing 'Damned When Dead' by Mael Mórdha once again...what a solid album, and what a shame for that band to fold when they did...

Quote from: Thorn on June 29, 2023, 12:34:27 AMJag Panzer - The Hallowed 7/10

Have only given it one listen so far but agree with what you said.  There is definitely a Euro Power metal feel to the album and it drags a bit towards the end.   

Pestilence - Testimony Of The Ancients
Megadeth - First 5 albums

Arcane Sun- self titled.

PIC-NIC - Exitos de Pic Nic , Spanish pop music LP from 1973...lovely

Earlier
Incantation- Onward to Golgotha
The Obsessed- s/t with live bonus CD
War Whoop - Japanese PUNK

Quote from: Anvil on June 29, 2023, 08:24:38 AM
Quote from: Thorn on June 29, 2023, 12:34:27 AMJag Panzer - The Hallowed 7/10

Have only given it one listen so far but agree with what you said.  There is definitely a Euro Power metal feel to the album and it drags a bit towards the end.   

Hehe that was a bit of a drunken one last night but having re-read it there I think it's fair enough
Wearing jeans and leather, not crackerjack clothes

Faith No More - The Real Thing. I always wonder how they managed to reign in the Pattonisms for this album.

Cruciamemtum - Charnel Passages. This is crushing.

Quote from: Circlepit on June 29, 2023, 10:03:49 PMFaith No More - The Real Thing. I always wonder how they managed to reign in the Pattonisms for this album.

I think there is a noticeable sneering tone to Patton's delivery on The Real Thing. The bouldness is bursting out of him. I think the hero of that album is Jim Martin, though. Obviously all elements are perfect and work beautifully together, but those riffs and solos... oooh mama!

Megaton Sword - Might and Power 8/10

One of the year's best ,got me through an hour in the car today while waiting on the daughter in the hairdressers, a Marin Amis novel helped too in fairness, these boys follow the dust covered Manilla Road to Cirith Ungol where they relieve themselves of their Heavy Load. I wish I could claim that but it's nabbed from Decibel magazine, great description of a great band.
Wearing jeans and leather, not crackerjack clothes

Re The Real Thing...It's such a great album. For me it showed Patton could sing without having to add in all his extra wacky stuff.
Mike Bordin is brilliant as well.
The live at Brixton album goes so well with it.

I've yet to pick it up but I liked what I heard.

Quote from: Eoin McLove on June 29, 2023, 10:06:42 PM
Quote from: Circlepit on June 29, 2023, 10:03:49 PMFaith No More - The Real Thing. I always wonder how they managed to reign in the Pattonisms for this album.

I think there is a noticeable sneering tone to Patton's delivery on The Real Thing. The bouldness is bursting out of him. I think the hero of that album is Jim Martin, though. Obviously all elements are perfect and work beautifully together, but those riffs and solos... oooh mama!

The music preceded Patton joining, and he wasn't allowed much input on that album. In reply, he put on that whining, sneering, nasal voice deliberately. Works though, I can't imagine it sounding any different.

Quote from: Carnage on June 29, 2023, 10:14:24 PM
Quote from: Eoin McLove on June 29, 2023, 10:06:42 PM

The music preceded Patton joining, and he wasn't allowed much input on that album. In reply, he put on that whining, sneering, nasal voice deliberately. Works though, I can't imagine it sounding any different.

That makes sense. His nasal vocals should in theory kill the album but it just fucking works. Probably helps that the album reminds me of being ten years old so it's full of nostalgia.

#9748 June 29, 2023, 10:29:42 PM Last Edit: June 30, 2023, 12:14:36 AM by Carnage
Big time. I was horrified when I first played it (a lad in school sold it to me as a thrash album, which it emphatically isn't) but when the blood cooled, I came around fairly quickly. Fantastic album, had it on a constant loop for a long time. The remaster from a couple of years ago sounds great, incidentally. Crystal clear.

King For A Day is my favourite even though I hated it when it came out.
The Real Thing immediately brings me back to my youth. It was a real game changer .