The Hives - T Rex

Fifth Angel - When Angels Kill
Metal Church - Congregation of Annihilation
Anthem - Crimson & Jet Black
Tiamat - The Astral Sleep
Ereb Altor - The End
Edguy - Vain Opera Glory
Bretwaldas of Heathen Doom - Summoning the Gatekeepers

Loving the new Metal Church and Bretwaldas albums. 

Minstry - Psalm 69
Morbid Angel - Altars of Madness & Blessed are the Sick

Altars always lags towards the end, for me. BATS is such a progession, a massive leap forward in quality.

I suppose I'll leave the hall now.

Primordial- A Journey's End.

Converge - Jane Doe
Converge - Axe to Fall
Converge - No Heroes
Converge - The Dusk in Us

Quote from: Bürggermeister on June 28, 2023, 11:00:40 AMMinstry - Psalm 69
Morbid Angel - Altars of Madness & Blessed are the Sick

Altars always lags towards the end, for me. BATS is such a progession, a massive leap forward in quality.

I suppose I'll leave the hall now.

Yep, out ta fuck. Damnation doesn't get the credit it deserves. Incredible song. Blasphemy and Evil Spells are classics. Blessed is amazing but still not of the quality of Altars.

I'd take Blessed over Altars any day of the week. The main whinge about Blessed is that side 2 is rerecordings of demo tracks but every band does that and I hadn't head the demos beforehand. 5/5 album, their best.

Anacrusis - Reason
Anacrusis - Manic Impressions
Leo Drezden - Multi-Moment

This last one, for fans of instrumental synthy electro-y proggy rock, is quality:
https://leodrezden.bandcamp.com/album/multi-moment-2

Class band Anacrusis, When those reissues came out I was on 'em like the proverbial fly
Wearing jeans and leather, not crackerjack clothes

I only have Reason, Manic Impressions, and then the revisited Suffering Hour on vinyl. Would like to pick up an original of the latter and also Screams and Whispers.

Screams and Whispers is a masterpiece.  Amazing band.

Preference is for the brilliant debut 'Suffering Hour' but you can't go wrong with any Anacrusis. Always wanted to snag a t-shirt of them too...

Teitanblood - Seven Chalices

They never reached these heights again although Death is also amazing.

#9734 June 29, 2023, 12:34:27 AM Last Edit: June 29, 2023, 12:36:50 AM by Thorn
Jag Panzer - The Hallowed 7/10
Returned after six years, I like it but I don't love it, I'd take pretty much any of their previous before it, the first side is banging, the second side wanes,no doubt.What most irks me is the Hammerfall vibe I'm getting , Jag Panzer were always better being a bit grittier than that. Still, Conklin's vocals are stellar ( he's 63 now!) and the tunes are decent ( side A more than decent) the comic book concept shtick is completely superfluous to me as an old man but the cover art is grand, if a bit Nuclear Blast by numbers, fuckin double l.p. though, why!? This ain't no Esoteric monolith, get it hammered onto two sides and stop taking the piss.

But I do like this album, just not as much as I thought I was going to or maybe how much more I expected after six years. 'The Deviant Chord' was better, I can say that already.

I'm going 7/10, very largely based on Side A, you could say 6/10 for side B

Glad you all asked me about the new Jag Panzer