Quote from: Carnage on June 22, 2023, 01:35:22 AMthat jazzy/prog DM trend that happened around then (first Atheist, then ITP, Cynic, Spheres, later Gorguts etc.)

Just saw ITP was released 30 years ago today  :abbath:  :abbath:

Solstice - New Dark Age
Pagan Altar - Judgment of the Dead
Goatlord - Reflections of the Solstice

The solstice theme was unintentional. haha

Quote from: Black Shepherd Carnage on June 22, 2023, 03:42:26 PM
Quote from: Carnage on June 22, 2023, 01:35:22 AMthat jazzy/prog DM trend that happened around then (first Atheist, then ITP, Cynic, Spheres, later Gorguts etc.)

Just saw ITP was released 30 years ago today  :abbath:  :abbath:

Probably belongs in the controversial opinions thread but it's my favourite Death album.

I can't listen to that or TSOP, the latter is just awful.

Quote from: hellfire on June 22, 2023, 04:09:01 PMProbably belongs in the controversial opinions thread but it's my favourite Death album.

Ha, same. Andy LaRocque, Steve DiGiorgio, and Gene Hoglan's performances are stellar.

Alcest - Spiritual instinct
Kreator - Coma of Souls
Sodom - Agent Orange
Helloween - Master of the Rings
Church of Misery - Born under a mad sign

#9681 June 22, 2023, 05:40:01 PM Last Edit: June 22, 2023, 07:53:49 PM by Thorn
Kreator - Scenarios Of Violence 9/10
Not big on band comps.usually but this is a worthy overview of the band's more expansive mid period with a few classics thrown in for good measure. A far cry from today's playing to the gallery.

Skogen - Eld 7/10
Smokey,folky Swedish Black Metal more suited for a rainy Sunday afternoon than this wretched Summer weather. One of the few Nordvis bands I've really delved into.

Exodus - Fabulous Disaster 7.5/10
Always had a soft spot for this one as my gateway Exodus album but in truth it's well off the pace of the first two. Toxic Waltz is a bit of an Enter Sandman at this stage too.
Wearing jeans and leather, not crackerjack clothes

The Toxic Waltz, Cajun Hell and Lowrider aside, it's a great album, my favourite of theirs. It was my introduction to them as well TBF.

Rhapsody - Legendary Tales
Rhapsody - Dawn Of Victory
Wuthering Heights - Salt
Helloween - Rabbit Don't Come Easy

There's something about the sun shining that makes me bust out the power metal albums.

Rabbit Don't Come Easy is a very overlooked album imo. Probably one of my favorites of theirs after Keeper part 2.

Quote from: Carnage on June 22, 2023, 05:48:51 PMThe Toxic Waltz, Cajun Hell and Lowrider aside, it's a great album, my favourite of theirs. It was my introduction to them as well TBF.

Exactly, that's the three I was thinking weren't working for me any more when I revisited
Wearing jeans and leather, not crackerjack clothes

#9685 June 23, 2023, 02:26:03 AM Last Edit: June 23, 2023, 02:56:12 AM by Eoin McLove
Asphodelus- Stygian Shores.
Pestilence- Spheres.
DAI- The Advent.
Primordial- Imrama.
For Ruin- Shade.
Kringa- Feast Upon the Gleam.

Was: Maiden current tour set playlist
Now: Metallica Load/Reload playlist.

Entombed - Wolverine blues

While Heaven Wept - Vast Oceans Lachrymose
Fates Warning - The Spectre Within

Immolation - Here in After