MB - Rust & Bone - among their best vocal performances

Quote from: Eoin McLove on April 08, 2023, 09:06:21 AMI remember him looking up from his book to introduce the next band in one episode and just thinking, what a tit  :laugh:

Jesus christ!

That sounds about right, he's a totally pretentious and sanctimonious flute indeed, but I like the band. Some great stuff over the years.

Burzum - Belus

Forgot how great this was too.

Mysteries- Horned Metal. It popped up (eh? Wink wink) on YouTube and it seems I've listened to it before but I can't remember doing so. Simple, raw black metal in the vein of early Burzum and Forgotten Woods. You might throw in the Isle of Men demo by In the Woods too, which I had on beforehand, possibly explaining why it was suggested. Their three demos from the 90s were rounded up and reissued a couple of years ago by Hellfire Records so I might have to hunt one down.

Quote from: 91/30 on April 08, 2023, 11:07:34 AMMB - Rust & Bone - among their best vocal performances

Frank is unbelievably good in that album.

Still never listened to MB I think the name put me off going back the years. Is it as dreary as I imagine?

:laugh:  One man's dreary is another man's treasure I guess

Testament  - Dark Roots of Earth 8.5/10
Witch Mountain - s/t 8/10
Witch Mountain - Mobile of Angels 8/10
Immolation - Here In After 8/10
Impaled Nazarene - Vigorous and Liberating Death 8/10
Cannibal Corpse - A Skeletal Domain 7.5/10
Deathhammer- Electric Warfare 7.5/10
Iron Angel - Emerald Eyes 7.5/10
Night Demon - Outsider 7/10
Disgorge - She Lay Gutted 3/10
Wearing jeans and leather, not crackerjack clothes

Burzum - Fallen. This ranks as highly as first 3/4 for me. So so good. Belus up next.

Quote from: Circlepit on April 08, 2023, 08:32:08 PMBurzum - Fallen. This ranks as highly as first 3/4 for me. So so good. Belus up next.

I went the other way round, listened to Belus twice today and going for Fallen next.

Belus is better than I remember it's actually brilliant and I remember thinking Fallen was better.

#9159 April 09, 2023, 03:50:42 AM Last Edit: April 09, 2023, 06:42:11 AM by Carnage
Was:
The Frames: Breadcrumb Trail

Now:
Mic Christopher: Skylarkin

Then:
Úath: Úath

After:
Neurosis: Through Silver In Blood

Skepticism -  Lead and Aether - love the drum sound on this one, night time here, a nice dry night, house to myself except for the old cat sitting in front of the speakers

Quote from: 91/30 on April 09, 2023, 10:38:40 AMSkepticism -  Lead and Aether - love the drum sound on this one, night time here, a nice dry night, house to myself except for the old cat sitting in front of the speakers

That's one of their albums I'm not overly familiar with but I always enjoy it when I put it on YouTube. Never managed to get a CD but I'm hoping Svart will continue their Skepticism vinyl reissues so I can grab a copy.

Quote from: Eoin McLove on April 09, 2023, 11:06:46 AM
Quote from: 91/30 on April 09, 2023, 10:38:40 AMSkepticism -  Lead and Aether - love the drum sound on this one, night time here, a nice dry night, house to myself except for the old cat sitting in front of the speakers

That's one of their albums I'm not overly familiar with but I always enjoy it when I put it on YouTube. Never managed to get a CD but I'm hoping Svart will continue their Skepticism vinyl reissues so I can grab a copy.

I have the US CD version on Red Stream , sounds great but wouldn't have won any awards for graphic design.
Listening to Farmakon now - too fast a tempo, should have listened to it first.
I got the reissue of Stormcrowfleet on CD, I have a CDr of the original but I think the remaster beats it hands down.

Quote from: 91/30 on April 09, 2023, 11:31:54 AM
Quote from: Eoin McLove on April 09, 2023, 11:06:46 AM

I have the US CD version on Red Stream , sounds great but wouldn't have won any awards for graphic design.
Listening to Farmakon now - too fast a tempo, should have listened to it first.
I got the reissue of Stormcrowfleet on CD, I have a CDr of the original but I think the remaster beats it hands down.

I love the remaster but nothing beats the original for me.

Easter tunes
Reverend Bizarre - In The Rectory...
Trouble - The Skull