Quote from: Eoin McLove on April 06, 2023, 02:29:23 PMIn Solitude- The World, The Flesh, The Devil.

Somehow this didn't click for me back then but it's kicking my hoop right now. I love being a horder  8)

That gig with Beastmilk in Dublin was fucking unreal.

Earlier today:
Prodigy - The Fat of the Land
Worm - Foreverglade

Quote from: mishima on April 07, 2023, 09:04:52 PM
Quote from: Eoin McLove on April 06, 2023, 02:29:23 PMIn Solitude- The World, The Flesh, The Devil.

Somehow this didn't click for me back then but it's kicking my hoop right now. I love being a horder  8)

That gig with Beastmilk in Dublin was fucking unreal.

Earlier today:
Prodigy - The Fat of the Land
Worm - Foreverglade

'Twas to be sure.

Winding down a good night with October Rust. Bliss.

Quote from: Black Shepherd Carnage on April 07, 2023, 11:16:04 PMWinding down a good night with October Rust. Bliss.

Fuck it I'm lashing that on now as well.

One of the best possible choices. What a fucking classic. The lush production, the heaviness, the pussy hard man buzz, the absurdity.

There's nothing like it anywhere, not even from Type O themselves.

Superb album.

Ride for Revenge- The King of Snakes  8)

Quote from: Eoin McLove on April 08, 2023, 12:00:17 AMSuperb album.

I've never tried that and never heard of it only you keep extolling its virtues. I'm almost curious but how cavernous or 4 track is it before I chance it?

Out of quote I wasn't 2 songs into October Rust and I had to smoke 2 good strong pipes of strong hash. It deserves that at least.

Of all the top 5 in the top 5 thread this one was the most definite top 5 for me. Any of the others could've fallen or risen but I couldn't live without this lad

Bloody Kisses going on in 2 minutes.

Does that count as now?

October Rust is too good for the words I'd be trying to explain with.

Quote from: astfgyl on April 08, 2023, 12:23:43 AM

I've never tried that and never heard of it only you keep extolling its virtues. I'm almost curious but how cavernous or 4 track is it before I chance it?

Out of quote I wasn't 2 songs into October Rust and I had to smoke 2 good strong pipes of strong hash. It deserves that at least.

Of all the top 5 in the top 5 thread this one was the most definite top 5 for me. Any of the others could've fallen or risen but I couldn't live without this lad

Cavernous isn't exactly the right way to think of The King of Snakes, although it would bring to mind cavemen in a way. There is apparently guitar on the album but you can't hear it over the bass, which leads the attack along with the amazing mongo drumming. The vocals aren't that harsh either, often more of a dead eyed kind of mumble and then there are bits of synth and noise added here and there. It's kind of relaxing rather than 4- track BM Hell. A unique album and probably ideal for smoking to.

#9143 April 08, 2023, 01:53:12 AM Last Edit: April 08, 2023, 02:25:32 AM by Carnage
Fuckin pricks. Here I was trying to get all nasal and introspective with the Frames CDs I bought during the week and ye had to mention Type O...

So, October Rust it is...

And by jaysus is it the right choice.

Quote from: Eoin McLove on April 08, 2023, 01:36:36 AM
Quote from: astfgyl on April 08, 2023, 12:23:43 AM

Cavernous isn't exactly the right way to think of The King of Snakes, although it would bring to mind cavemen in a way. There is apparently guitar on the album but you can't hear it over the bass, which leads the attack along with the amazing mongo drumming. The vocals aren't that harsh either, often more of a dead eyed kind of mumble and then there are bits of synth and noise added here and there. It's kind of relaxing rather than 4- track BM Hell. A unique album and probably ideal for smoking to.

Didn't make it last night but colour me intrigued. Was coloured something else when listening to bloody kisses more of a green colour than an intrigued one.

Was thinking the name sounded familiar but I think I'm mixing it up with an underworld track name

Quote from: Carnage on April 08, 2023, 01:53:12 AMFuckin pricks. Here I was trying to get all nasal and introspective with the Frames CDs I bought during the week and ye had to mention Type O...

So, October Rust it is...

And by jaysus is it the right choice.

Every time. What an album.

I'm sure I must have heard the Frames in pubs or shops or whatever back in the day, and I seem to recall mates mentioning they sometimes covered Enter Sandman at their concerts (?), but I couldn't tell you what any of their songs are. Might give them a go one day.

I only know the song Revelate which is pretty cool. Hansard came off as a bit pretentious when hosting Other Voices. I remember him looking up from his book to introduce the next band in one episode and just thinking, what a tit  :laugh:

Quote from: Eoin McLove on April 08, 2023, 09:06:21 AMI only know the song Revelate which is pretty cool. Hansard came off as a bit pretentious when hosting Other Voices. I remember him looking up from his book to introduce the next band in one episode and just thinking, what a tit  :laugh:

Did he actually?  :laugh:  :laugh:  :laugh:

That's basically the picture I've had in my mind of The Frames all along while only knowing the same one song as everyone else.

Chin strokin mofos

#9148 April 08, 2023, 10:05:24 AM Last Edit: April 08, 2023, 10:08:28 AM by Circlepit
He is a complete and utter self absorbed sanctimonious gowl.
Cannon fodder.

I've been listening to the latest Mork album.
It's quite underwhelming. The clean vocals which would really elevate it are too far back in the mix and the whole thing is a bit meh.

Reeking Aura - Blood And Bonemeal. This is killer.
I Am The Night - While The Gods Are Sleeping.

Nice, you just put a killer song in my head.

Now Playing:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M9XBCYv8NbA