For the weekend that's in it I've been hopping off the burzum.

I'm starting to think the latter day stuff is as good as the early stuff.

It's great

It truly is. The stuff aimed at his table to gaming is yet to be aired in my house so I can't comment. The 3 metal type latter day albums are excellent.
He makes a lot of the bands from that era seem a bit shit.
Imagine a bus trip from Malin head to Mizen head with him beside you for company. I'd say he'd either be full of enlightenment or full of shit, no middle ground.

Hexerei   -   Ancient Evil Spirits
Hexorcist -   Evil Reaping Death

Hellvetic Frost - Misanthropic Devotion

Wampyrinacht - Night of the Desecration

Quote from: Circlepit on April 09, 2023, 06:27:37 PMIt truly is. The stuff aimed at his table to gaming is yet to be aired in my house so I can't comment. The 3 metal type latter day albums are excellent.
He makes a lot of the bands from that era seem a bit shit.
Imagine a bus trip from Malin head to Mizen head with him beside you for company. I'd say he'd either be full of enlightenment or full of shit, no middle ground.

:laugh: like the albums! I only listened to one of the synth yokes and I thought it was shite but the guitar stuff is all brilliant. Could be the best of the whole BM crowd to be fair to him

#9171 April 10, 2023, 12:54:02 PM Last Edit: April 10, 2023, 01:39:27 PM by Carnage
I didn't take to Belus or Fallen, haven't heard anything he's done since (unless that album of rerecorded material came since those ones, it was poor either way). The debut and Aske are mighty though, hard to top them. Det, Hviss and Filosofem also very good. The prison/synth albums were poor, if memory serves. Haven't heard them since whenever they came out.

Beherit- Engram.
Forbidden Temple- Baphorehearsals.

Quote from: Carnage on April 10, 2023, 12:54:02 PMI didn't take to Belus or Fallen, haven't heard anything he's done since (unless that album of rerecorded material came since those ones, it was poor either way). The debut and Aske are mightybthough, hard to top them. Det, Hviss and Filosofem also very good. The prisin/synth albums were poor, uf memory serves. Haven't heard them since whenever they came out.

I'd give Belus another go if it's been a while. I was surprised myself at how good it was coming back to it after years

Satanic Warmaster - Fimbulwinter. When he takes his foot off the pedal and lets a riff or part of a song just breathe for a bit it's excellent. Nice tom rolls and fills. The last track is pure Burzum. Some bits and pieces I've reas accuse him of being a neo nazi and others point out he's a regular tree loving satanist.
The cancel brigade probably hate him.

Heidnir - Jenseits des Kosmos

Quote from: Circlepit on April 10, 2023, 09:02:02 PMSatanic Warmaster - Fimbulwinter. When he takes his foot off the pedal and lets a riff or part of a song just breathe for a bit it's excellent. Nice tom rolls and fills. The last track is pure Burzum. Some bits and pieces I've reas accuse him of being a neo nazi and others point out he's a regular tree loving satanist.
The cancel brigade probably hate him.

Love Satanic Warmaster. Fimbulwinter is probably his best. The new one is none too shabby either.

#9177 April 12, 2023, 11:25:00 AM Last Edit: April 12, 2023, 11:27:33 AM by mickO)))
Last two Warmaster albums have been terrible. Everything started going downhill after Carelian. Awful live band as well.

Hate Eternal - King of all kings
Black Sabbath - Black Sabbath
Pantera - GST
Pharmacist - Forensic Pathology Jurisprudence
Pharmacist - Medical Renditions of Grinding Decomposition
Pathologist - Putrefactive and Cadaverous Odes About Necroticism

Sabbat - Dreamweaver
Lord Mountain - The Oath
Marduk - Rom 5:12
Nite - Voices of the Kronian Moon
Portal - Avow

#9179 April 12, 2023, 08:50:14 PM Last Edit: April 12, 2023, 10:09:28 PM by Circlepit
Boston - Boston. I love the bass lines on this. There is so much going on musically yet it doesn't feel like anything is squashed in for the sake of it.
Great song writing.

Followed up with Behexen - Rituale Satanam. A natural progression I'm sure all will agree.